S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

this whole thread about Stasis suspension is out of control....

Old 03-26-2002, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this whole thread about Stasis suspension is out of control....

let face it, if the guy have the money then it's up to him to spend the money on the type of suspension he want or like best. I am sure Koni, H&R, KW and few other make a good suspension for our S4, but again those are a mass production, they may not do enough road and dyno testing, where Stasis spend time to get it right for our car. I really don't get it, if some of you said you can get the shock to revalve and have the whole package done like Stasis then let me see it, if you said it can be done then let market it, I am sure if it have the same perform as Stasis and sell for less, people are willing to pay for it, I'll be your first customer.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/739119.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/739119.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 03-26-2002, 07:20 PM

Default I agree... even if you have your own opinion, it was uncalled for

It's like the equivalent of posting "She said 'Yes!' I'm getting married!" and having someone respond, "So what? She's a fat, ugly hoebag!" If he asked for your opinion, give it. But since he already bought it, why make him feel bad?
Old 03-26-2002, 07:37 PM

Default Don't worry about it - I am not going to lose sleep over it at all.

I researched the alternative solutions and decided to pay up front for a solution I knew I would be happy with.

The opinions expressed reflected the priorities of those who responded. If I wasn't interested in their responses, then I shouldn't have posted in the first place....

I'll let you know on Friday whether or not it was worth it
Old 03-26-2002, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i dont have the energy to read that thread..

but in regards to what you purchased...dont worry about others (i can see you dont already).

its your money, your research, your decision. as long as *YOU* are happy, unk everyone else and their opinions. i dont see others cannot be happy for you?

well i am, and hope it works out for you. we all would love to hear a review when you get the stasis suspension installed as well.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i ordered the stasis coilovers too

After riding in my Intrax MC, I decided to buy into the hype and look into Stasis. After talking to a local guy who races with the Stasis I was intrigued. But then after calling up Paul Lambert from Stasis and having him explain suspension fundamentals 101 to me, I was sold. Of all the threads I researched on Stasis, I haven't had a single negative review. Most people agree that H&R, Abt, and others make good coilovers for a reasonable price. But I figure for the all those happy customers cant be all wrong. When Stasis installs my stuff this Thursday I'll have to give a review. I bet it will feel more secure than the Intrax MC I have now.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It certainly is pricey.. but I think it's the best choice out there

For those of us looking for a more performance oriented setup with linear springs that will retain some good ride quality.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Damn it. I miss everything when I'm working. Working sucks...

As a Vortrag coilover kit owner, this whole debate whether it's "worth" it or not in terms of pricing is so very subjective.

Is the S4 worth 40K? Are my Brembos worth $3K? Is my iPod worth $399?

Either way you slice it, if it works for you, and you're happy to pay the asking price, then it's worth it. Plain and simple.

I paid $2500 for the Vortrag CO kit (which I think Stasis calls the track sport kit). I have H&R coilovers on my VW, and I can tell you while the cars are apples to oranges, the ride quality that is "matched" to the car is much better with the Vortrags.

In addition, for me to run around taking time off, and spec, respec, install, de-install, rent a car, etc just to get the suspension right costs a hell of lot more than purchasing a product that is most probably going to work right out of the box.

I've fooled around with plenty of mods that have had to be re-purchased later on because they haven't provided me with the qualities that were advertised. The Vortrag/Stasis setup by far is the most satisfactory modification I have done to the car, period.

So if people think that I paid too much for my suspension setup, that's fine. I probably saved in the long run.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Why is the $1700 such a big issue? Nobody is bitchin about the ABT combo ($1400)
Old 03-27-2002, 01:46 AM

I was....the things rode stiff as hell too!
Old 03-27-2002, 03:03 AM
TRM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default maybe one day i'll ride in an S w/ the Stasis...

and maybe it's actually better than the others. but 'till then $1700 seems utterly rediculous to me.

you should do some research on Intrax too - try reading last months European Tuner.

i'm not bashing AlanL. and i hope he is happy with his setup i'm just shocked by the price.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: this whole thread about Stasis suspension is out of control....