S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

This is why they don't sell Acura's next to Civics...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is why they don't sell Acura's next to Civics...

Went to test drive an S2000 today (after driving an '01 S4 since mine won't arrive until October most likely...my dealer is great, giving me "an S4 fix"). Anyway, I say to the salesman "Can I test drive an S2000?", and he says "Sure, I'll get the keys and be right back".

Comes back in about 30 seconds saying, "Well since the S2000 is such an expensive car, we don't let people test drive them...yada yada, B.S., etc"

So I launch (very calmly and politely) into the old "How can I decide whether I'm interested if I can't drive one?". Well their policyis that since they know you'll absolutely love the car, you basically have to work through the numbers and say you'll buy it contingent upon being statisfied after the test drive.

Well, as this has come up before on this forum; it's an incredibly stupid attitude. Since I didn't have the time to go through an hour of hard sell before my test drive, I walked away. I think I will go back later; go through the numbers in order to get a test drive and then tell them that I'll buy one from another dealer who realizes that cars are meant to be driven!!! By the way, the one on the lot out front definitely had more than a few miles on the Blowtenza S-02s. Guess I didn't look rice enough to them or something...

With logic like that, I guess that you couldn't even sit in a Ferrari until you had your credit checked and put a deposit down...might crease the leather. Idiots!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same **** in seattle here bro'

punk asses won't even let me touch the car, honda dealers bite. they treat s2k as a ****in' mclaren or somethin'.
Old 08-02-2001, 06:18 PM

let me guess....Bellevue Honda?
Old 08-02-2001, 06:19 PM

Yeah, those guys are cocksmokers. Their attitude lost my friend's business for his s2k.
Old 08-02-2001, 06:28 PM

Lynwood Acura sucks too, they want to run your credit before driving!
Old 08-02-2001, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default hahahaha...

you probably can't even sit in a Ferrari until you have your credit checked and put a deposit down.

But an S2000 aint a Ferrari and that attitude is stupid with a $30k car.
Old 08-02-2001, 06:34 PM

Default Once my '02 S4 comes in, I think I'll pay the friendly (not)...

Honda dealer a visit and show them what can happen when you let customers actually go out for a test drive - and without a sales weenie along to tell you some inane **** about the car...

If anyone should be leary of test drives on a new car, it would be for a car with turbos that need a gentle break-in period.

Audi rocks!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Frank and I had a similar experience at TWO Chevy dealers...

BOTH saw us drive in with a shiny S4 and ONE of them was a guy who a buddy of mine has bought a TON of cars from.

Neither dealer was the slightest bit interested in spending 10 seconds with us or doing anything to set up a test-drive.

Uh screw them? I like my 996 all the more for a plesant and friendly (and courteous) buying experience...they treated me like a king!
Old 08-02-2001, 06:38 PM

Default All the Ferraris that I saw at Los Gatos Ferrari dealer says...

"DO NOT TOUCH"

Forget about sitting on it, we are not supposed to touch it ...

It's just a car
Old 08-02-2001, 06:39 PM

Default Re: hahahaha...

I remember questioning the need and logic of creating the "high line" brands for the Japanese manufacturers way back when Lexus and Acura were new. THIS ATTITUDE is exactly why it was necessary. It may be a nice car, but $30K isn't exactly the King's ransom any more. It's not 1955!!! Wake up Honda - and by the way, while you're at it, JV needs some more HP to compete with Ralf and big Schumi in F1.

Quick Reply: This is why they don't sell Acura's next to Civics...