AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/)
-   -   2013 S6 Manheim values-DISAPPOINTING (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/2013-s6-manheim-values-disappointing-2869114/)

Dr Chill 07-18-2014 07:28 AM

2013 S6 Manheim values-DISAPPOINTING

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 40445

HyperS4 07-19-2014 07:43 AM

Thats what I tried to explain in the thread the other day...

goliath1 07-21-2014 03:39 PM

be careful that these are not "salvaged" prices....flood damaged. these look like the prices I was quoted for flooded vehicles. If so good luck getting insurance.

jperryrocks 07-21-2014 05:31 PM

I think you're being unrealistic. The moment you drive off the lot, on a 80,000 car...you take a 10,000 haircut the moment you hit the curb. It's just the way luxury cars are. Many are even much worse than that.

An s6 lease is going to be 1100-1200 a month. So after 2 years, you've paid over ~27 grand in lease payments. A lease is intended just to pay the depereciation on a car.

There's a lot of garbage that goes through the Manheim auctions. So it's hard to say what's right on wrong with those cars.

Really clean problem free s6s with the right color and options do bring good money.

Vijay 07-23-2014 04:39 PM

My S6 is a long term keeper so I don't really care. Bottom line is that auction prices are calculated off the base price of the car, which in the case of the S6 is around $74,000. Most people option their S6 well into the 80s or higher but this gets you nothing back in the used market. Quite honestly, from a resale perspective, it would be better if Audi made all of this stuff standard equipment then just raised the base price of the car. The worst in this regard is Porsche. Their base cars are usually so stripped down that most people end up getting like $20-30k in options. You get none of this back in the auction/trade market. You may get it back for just the right buyer in a private sale.

s5blitzer 07-24-2014 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Vijay (Post 24589474)
My S6 is a long term keeper so I don't really care. Bottom line is that auction prices are calculated off the base price of the car, which in the case of the S6 is around $74,000. Most people option their S6 well into the 80s or higher but this gets you nothing back in the used market. Quite honestly, from a resale perspective, it would be better if Audi made all of this stuff standard equipment then just raised the base price of the car. The worst in this regard is Porsche. Their base cars are usually so stripped down that most people end up getting like $20-30k in options. You get none of this back in the auction/trade market. You may get it back for just the right buyer in a private sale.

+1. Mine is a keeper and correct about the base price.

mikec7s6 07-24-2014 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Vijay (Post 24589474)

$20-30k in options is standard on Porsche's. ive even seen some optioned as high as $40-50k. even to the right buyer, you'll never recoup anything close to what you originally paid. its like modding a car, once you're done with it, you'll be lucky if you can get 40-50% return.

Dr Chill 07-26-2014 01:06 AM

How is it that the replies to my initial post are now in reverse order, or is that just me who is seeing it this way? None of the other threads appear this way.

atlanta A6 07-26-2014 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dr Chill (Post 24590159)
How is it that the replies to my initial post are now in reverse order, or is that just me who is seeing it this way? None of the other threads appear this way.

Change display mode to linear in your account settings. That may help.

Dr Chill 07-26-2014 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by atlanta A6 (Post 24590167)

Change display mode to linear in your account settings. That may help.

On my mobile app it's in the correct order. In full site mode on my phone it is in correct order. All threads on my computer are in the correct order. Just this thread is backward on my computer.