S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 S6 Daytona Grey

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it - ordered a Daytona Gray myself today.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the same problem since the TDI fix and have taken it to my AD three times. The first time they replaced the Ad Blue pump, no improvement. The second time, they replaced the fuel pump, again no problem. The third time, they couldn't find a problem and felt that it could have something to do with the biodiesel fuel, but even after filling up with petrodiesel, I'm still experiencing the stuttering, loss of power, usually between 2-3K RPM. I've spoken with Audi USA and they were very interested in this and admitted they were aware of this problem but have not issued any formal solution but advised that I keep them updated. My opinion is that there is nothing mechanical that is causing this problem otherwise it would've been found by the mechanics. My guess is that it's a software issue that came with the update, which may also explain why this problem gets resolved with a software upgrade (I saw it on the forum but can't recall the name, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate if you could post it). Anyway, I wanted to add my experience to this thread.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by truep287
I've had the same problem since the TDI fix and have taken it to my AD three times. The first time they replaced the Ad Blue pump, no improvement. The second time, they replaced the fuel pump, again no problem. The third time, they couldn't find a problem and felt that it could have something to do with the biodiesel fuel, but even after filling up with petrodiesel, I'm still experiencing the stuttering, loss of power, usually between 2-3K RPM. I've spoken with Audi USA and they were very interested in this and admitted they were aware of this problem but have not issued any formal solution but advised that I keep them updated. My opinion is that there is nothing mechanical that is causing this problem otherwise it would've been found by the mechanics. My guess is that it's a software issue that came with the update, which may also explain why this problem gets resolved with a software upgrade (I saw it on the forum but can't recall the name, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate if you could post it). Anyway, I wanted to add my experience to this thread.
The EPA fix, the gift that just keeps giving.