S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017
View Poll Results: Which car should I choose, given the situation?
Keep the S3, bigger isn't better.
0%
S6
96.43%
A6 Competition
3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

2017 A6 Competition vs S6

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an S6 and it is more than just the motor. Its not the most exciting car to drive but it is fast, rides fantastic on the air suspension and eats up big chunks of miles fast and very comfortably. I like the S7 but to me the backseat is useless for adults with that sloped glass. For me the whole reason for the S6 was to carry 4 adults and the S7 fails. The S6 insist that great either. I had 4 guys in my S6 the other day and I had my knees on the dash to fit the guy behind me. I was not happy. Car is huge and barely fits in the garage. I would have easily given up 12" of truck space for 12" of more back seat. It ok if the wife is behind me but not a 200lb+ guy. It is very tight. I would go to an S5 but it is hard to give of the power even if I could get a stick. All my other vehicles are stick and this is the second auto I owned that I would not want the stick even if available. Jeep Rubicon for rock climbing is the other. Other guys are smoking clutches and was not even spinning a tire. I had only wheeled sticks prior off road. Caymen/Boxster is another. Drove both back to back and PDK is the better trans for the car. My example of my boring S6. I was cooking down a rural two lane curvy black top. I was going 90 coming into a fairly tight corner which is marked 45MPH. No problem normally but I didn't register the construction equipment in the back ground. As I came into the corner pretty hot I see it is completely covered with sand. Rut-Ro this is going to be interesting. I am expecting the car slide "A lot" and I am ready to catch it when it does. I brake and scrub as much speed as I can before I hit the sand and adjust my line more to the inside as I figure I will be sliding a bit wide on this one. I am ready to flick the wheel back and catch the car but nothing really happens. I hear the diffs doing there thing as I add some power and she slides maybe 2 or 3 inches and just arcs through the corner as all four tire are pulling hard and off to the next corner. Uneventful. I was expecting so much more but the big Audi just did her thing. In my Maserati Coupe GT with a stick I know there would have been some serious drifting, sliding and some serious wheel sawing going on to not end up in the rocks. With the Audi I maybe moved the steering wheel and inch maybe two to adjust for the small slide and that was it. I was also back on the gas lightly in the Audi before I hit the sand to get the front end biting and headed through the corner. In the Maser I would not have been on the throttle and most likely the clutch would have been to the floor.