S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2017 Tornado Gray S6

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2017 Tornado Gray S6

I ordered my 2017 Tornado Gray S6 (Premium Plus, Sports Package, 20 in. wheels) in February, and it was delivered the first week in May. I have already added the APR Stage 1 ECU tune, along with the APR TCU tune. Those have transformed the already great S6 driving experience into one that is truly incredible. Coming from a 2014 S4, I find that there is a fair amount of body roll in the S6, so I have ordered the Eurocode sway bars, links, and Alu Kreuz and these will be installed next week. This is the extent of the mods that I currently have planned. All of the work is being done at NGP in Lorton VA.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The Eurocode bits are a hell of an upgrade but you need to take it even further. I have the Alu Kreuz, 034 driveline mounts and the CETE lowering module. Also a more aggressive offset and wider wheel. Talk about a true transformation in drive characteristics, you'd think you were in a different car.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default (soon) In the same boat

Congrats!!

Same as you, coming from an S4 I did notice significant body roll even in Dynamic mode when I test drove the S6. I am looking forward to hearing how the sway bar mods worked out for you.

Was planning on ordering but looks like I am past the point since my current lease ends mid August. Although getting around for 2-3 weeks with a rental is doable, waiting between mid August till October/ November is too much.
I'll have to hunt for a lot inventory.

Also same as you Tornado Gray is the color I am going for!

Beautiful car! enjoy!
Old 06-28-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

That is one gorgeous car! the only thing I regret about making my order was that I could only pick one color. So frustrating! Well done and thanks for sharing. Enjoy!
Old 06-28-2017, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackhawk123
Congrats!!

Same as you, coming from an S4 I did notice significant body roll even in Dynamic mode when I test drove the S6. I am looking forward to hearing how the sway bar mods worked out for you.

Was planning on ordering but looks like I am past the point since my current lease ends mid August. Although getting around for 2-3 weeks with a rental is doable, waiting between mid August till October/ November is too much.
I'll have to hunt for a lot inventory.

Also same as you Tornado Gray is the color I am going for!

Beautiful car! enjoy!
If your lease is with AFS, they will let you extend it month to month when you order a new audi while you wait for it to arrive. I almost had to do that.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Eurocode Install Update

After several weeks of driving with the Eurocode bits (sways, links, and Alu Kreuz), the handling characteristics of the S6 have been changed completely! Body roll and chassis flex are gone, steering is much sharper, everything just feels much more tighter and planted, and there is no added harshness to the ride. I would recommend these to anyone that is considering a handling upgrade. This is a (relatively) low cost, bolt-on replacement of OEM pieces – with a huge payback in handling capabilities.
Between the APR tunes and the Eurocode upgrades, this is a much different animal than what left the dealership!
Old 07-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That color really works with the chrome trim. I like the look a lot. Nice list of mods as well.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SLC18T
That color really works with the chrome trim. I like the look a lot. Nice list of mods as well.
Thanks! Although I may be in the minority here, I really do like the look of some chrome trim on the car, especially with the silver and gray Audi colors. My last car, a 2014 S4 6MT in Ice Silver, had the chrome trim as well. During the timeframe I was S6 shopping (February, with a lease expiration coming up in June), there was no silver/gray S6 with sports package to be found in dealer inventory anywhere that didn’t have the Black Optic package. I ended up having to factory order to get the chrome trim.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickb
Thanks! Although I may be in the minority here, I really do like the look of some chrome trim on the car, especially with the silver and gray Audi colors. My last car, a 2014 S4 6MT in Ice Silver, had the chrome trim as well. During the timeframe I was S6 shopping (February, with a lease expiration coming up in June), there was no silver/gray S6 with sports package to be found in dealer inventory anywhere that didn’t have the Black Optic package. I ended up having to factory order to get the chrome trim.

Even though i have the Black Optic Package i do really like the Chrome on yours also. How do you like the Stage 1 after living with it for a while now? Does it loose any of the drivability? What about the dealer/warranty, how do you handle services?

Any new mods since the original list?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Stage 1 Update

Originally Posted by rlynch03
Even though i have the Black Optic Package i do really like the Chrome on yours also. How do you like the Stage 1 after living with it for a while now? Does it loose any of the drivability? What about the dealer/warranty, how do you handle services?

Any new mods since the original list?
Thanks, and nice car!

Re: drivability of the Stage 1 tune – I’ve been extremely pleased with the tunes. I did the Stage 1 ECU tune at the same time as the TCU tune, so my comments are based on the combined package. Together they transform the car into an amazing driving experience. While WOT performance is breathtaking, let’s face it – most of our time driving these cars is at lower RPMs and at part throttle. Under this sort of everyday driving conditions, I consider things much improved over stock. In D mode, the car is not so anxious to upshift to a higher gear and the gear selection seems better matched to RPMs and road speed. D has almost become D+ or somewhat closer to S in a stock condition, and the car is very responsive regardless of gear. The car remains very civilized in D mode. S mode is where the car really comes alive, and the personality of the car is night and day different from D mode, and from stock S mode. Paired with the Sport Package exhaust the music this thing makes on upshifts and downshifts is pretty sweet. Although I haven’t done an A/B comparison with an untuned S with sport exhaust, I’ve convinced myself that the tune brings the sport exhaust into play a bit more. Stop/Go city traffic in S mode can be a little herky-jerky, so D mode is a better choice for that situation. In highway cruising situations, I’m routinely seeing 28+ MPG, which is surprising for a big performance sedan like this. The TCU tune also includes a somewhat minor convenience thing that really improves drivability – whether in D or S mode, the current gear selection shows up next to the mode in the driver information display (D1, S2, etc.); no more gear surprises when you decide to manually downshift while guessing what gear you may be in! My former D3 A8 SWB had this feature and I really liked it; this really ought to be included as a standard feature on the S cars.

When I got the car, I planned on doing the tunes early on, so I chose not to buy the Audi Care and am having all scheduled maintenance performed by the nearby shop that did the tune. I’m now at 10,000 miles, and have had 2 oil changes and no warranty issues. In the event of having to go to the dealer, I will need to have the shop first re-flash back to stock before going to the dealer.

In the end, I strongly recommend these tunes to anyone that might be considering making the move. Same goes for the Eurocode suspension parts – a huge payback in handling improvement for a pretty reasonable cost.

No new mods since the original set.

Quick Reply: 2017 Tornado Gray S6