S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2018 Order Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silent Drone
I've heard but don't know first hand that the dealers who advertise in the Audi club mag will give the 6% off plus incentives with not much hassle. If your local dealers aren't doing that maybe you should just order one over the phone from one of those dealers. You'd have to have it shipped to you but that's not such a big deal.

I ordered a 2017 S6 last December and before I placed the order the dealer agreed to 8% off msrp and that I would get to keep the AOA incentives whatever was available at time of delivery. The car arrived in April and I took delivery on those terms with no hassle at all. Incentives in my region turned out to be 1k loyalty rebate and 2k cash incentive at the time of delivery.

Since the dealers have to order cars for their own inventory you would think that they would be happy to order one that they know you will purchase immediately when it arrives because it increases their volume and doesn't cost them anything to have to inventory until a buyer can be found. I would think that it's only when the dealer has something in stock that has been sitting for a while that they might try to steer you towards that over an order. Both do the dealers in my area have told me that they like custom orders because it saves them the hassle of inventory, and they wished everyone would shop for cars that way. The time difference between the sale now and in 4 month isn't that big of a difference to them I think.

All of this changes of course If the car you are ordering is rare and only available in limited allocations. But that's not the case with the S6 and S7 even though there aren't too many of those on the road.
Thanks. From what I researched, Audi Club discount can only be applied if you are a lifetime member ($$$) and been one for at least 6 months, which I am neither.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackhawk123
b) For an $80k car, I would want it in my hands fresh off the truck, not parked out in the sun for months with 120 miles of test driving on it.

Why can't this be easy?
True but keep in mind it won't be an 80k car then, I bought mine off the lot with 45 miles on it and negotiated 10% off before Audi rebates (which were 3k at the time). So 81k msrp ended up a more reasonable 69k.

I completely agree with the easy part, I almost bought a Tesla just for that: no need to haggle and knowing everyone Is paying the same just felt good. Too bad their interiors aren't anywhere near the Germans.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. From what I researched, Audi Club discount can only be applied if you are a lifetime member ($$$) and been one for at least 6 months, which I am neither.
It's if you have been a member for 6 months, or if you are a lifetime member.
But many dealers will give the 6% discount whether or not you are an audi club member. I wouldn't let membership status deter you from negotiating for it (or more). And I know of one dealer that is very reluctant to give 6% even if you are a member. Go figure.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
Like any sales environment, they are more interested in a sale that will immediately post to the monthly total, so I'm sure you'd perceive a lot of disinterest.
You should not be talking about any incentives(Factory cash) in an order negotiation, as no one has any control over those at the time of delivery. Clearly you'd use any factory cash at the time of signing, and that's it. You should just focus on a set % off of the MSRP, and agree to all other static items like, Doc fees & services provided, etc.
I could also see negotiation of your trade being difficult as well. I'd suggest asking for what ever KBB or Edmonds.com would value the car at, at the time of signing +500.00.
speak for yourself

I'll do factory orders ALL day long for people if my "gettable" inventory won't work for someone.

Some dealers are hungry for clients, others are lazy....or they don't have the allocation slots and are afraid to tell a customer
Old 06-23-2017, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Silent Drone
It's if you have been a member for 6 months, or if you are a lifetime member.
But many dealers will give the 6% discount whether or not you are an audi club member. I wouldn't let membership status deter you from negotiating for it (or more). And I know of one dealer that is very reluctant to give 6% even if you are a member. Go figure.
a dealer does not have to honor ACNA to the best of my knowledge....it's not like a magic hall pass, and sometimes, it won't matter.

What ends up mattering is the specific car in question
Old 06-23-2017, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

All the VW/ Audi cars I have bought so far have been lot inventories. Last one was a 2014 S4 with a total discount of about 12% off MSRP (dealer + Audi rebates).

For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to negotiate a dealer discount or selling price before placing an order for a 2018 S6. Been unsuccessful so far.

I agreed with the dealers that we can't know for sure what Factory/ Audi incentives will be at the time of arrival, so I am trying to at least get a DEALER discount guaranteed.
Dealers are not responding well. I know I may be asking for too big of a discount but they won't even commit to one.

Can those of you who have factory ordered shed some light and share your experience?

Any advice would be appreciated.
If I can help, let me know. I have 2 2018 S6's at the factory now, and I can easily order another for someone.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
If I can help, let me know. I have 2 2018 S6's at the factory now, and I can easily order another for someone.
PM Sent.