Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

2018 S6 Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go

S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - Present

2018 S6 Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go

 
Old 04-10-2019, 07:12 AM
  #11  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 177
Default

I find Adaptive Cruise not useful in stop and go traffic. It takes too long and is drawn out when coming to a full stop, and it is too slow to start moving and follow the car ahead when leaving from a full stop.
Perhaps newer cars don't have this issue? <shrug> '14 RS7
Verybumpy is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 10:15 AM
  #12  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Did your window sticker say it had the following options:
- Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go
- Audi Pre Sense Plus

if not then we are not comparing apples to apples. The engine may not have changed much since 2013/2014 but the electronics have changed considerably

Originally Posted by Verybumpy View Post
I find Adaptive Cruise not useful in stop and go traffic. It takes too long and is drawn out when coming to a full stop, and it is too slow to start moving and follow the car ahead when leaving from a full stop.
Perhaps newer cars don't have this issue? <shrug> '14 RS7
amchuu is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 10:27 AM
  #13  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by amchuu View Post
Did your window sticker say it had the following options:
- Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go
- Audi Pre Sense Plus
FWIW, yes it does.
Verybumpy is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 12:23 PM
  #14  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 4,955
Default

Originally Posted by amchuu View Post
I was hoping someone would come out and say they couldn't live without the Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go for freeway traffic. Most of you all seem to like the features / luxury of the Prestige.

I don't care much for the lane departure, etc. but felt the Adaptive Cruse w/Stop & Go would make my hour long commute on the freeway a lot less painful.
Not specifically for the S6 and not like I couldn't live without it, but ACC is something that I wouldn't wanna miss on my next daily. My current car ('13 RS5) doesn't have Stop & Go, but nonetheless, ACC is one of my favorite features on long road trips and when the traffic flow is less than optimal. It's something I wanted, but I'm even surprised about how often I use it now. I do not drive in traffic all that much and I don't commute, but it made road trips a lot less fatiguing and when I do find myself in traffic it's a boon to keep me sane. It has become a deciding factor in future car purchases for cars I actually drive frequently. In fact I'm buying a '19 C63S for my next daily, picking it up in Germany in about 3.5 weeks, and I chose it partly over an M4 due to the lack of at least ACC in the M4. The C63S not only has ACC, but the driving assist features are at the level of Tesla Autopilot, so it can drive itself not only in stop&go traffic, but also at normal highway speeds. Even in a performance car, there are times when the driving is mundane, so being able to kick back a bit and let the car do some of the driving is rather nice. For those who find the system slow to respond, try adjusting it via Drive Select and change the distance to a lower setting. In Comfort mode it's very relaxed and in Dynamic it's more responsive and with a lower distance settings it follows the car in front faster. I've coded the default distance setting in my RS5 to 1. The factory default setting of 3 doesn't work very well around here. Leaves too much of a gap.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-10-2019 at 12:29 PM.
superswiss is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 01:11 PM
  #15  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Thanks. This is helpful.

Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Not specifically for the S6 and not like I couldn't live without it, but ACC is something that I wouldn't wanna miss on my next daily. My current car ('13 RS5) doesn't have Stop & Go, but nonetheless, ACC is one of my favorite features on long road trips and when the traffic flow is less than optimal. It's something I wanted, but I'm even surprised about how often I use it now. I do not drive in traffic all that much and I don't commute, but it made road trips a lot less fatiguing and when I do find myself in traffic it's a boon to keep me sane. It has become a deciding factor in future car purchases for cars I actually drive frequently. In fact I'm buying a '19 C63S for my next daily, picking it up in Germany in about 3.5 weeks, and I chose it partly over an M4 due to the lack of at least ACC in the M4. The C63S not only has ACC, but the driving assist features are at the level of Tesla Autopilot, so it can drive itself not only in stop&go traffic, but also at normal highway speeds. Even in a performance car, there are times when the driving is mundane, so being able to kick back a bit and let the car do some of the driving is rather nice. For those who find the system slow to respond, try adjusting it via Drive Select and change the distance to a lower setting. In Comfort mode it's very relaxed and in Dynamic it's more responsive and with a lower distance settings it follows the car in front faster. I've coded the default distance setting in my RS5 to 1. The factory default setting of 3 doesn't work very well around here. Leaves too much of a gap.
amchuu is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 02:19 AM
  #16  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Default

Originally Posted by amchuu View Post
Hi. This doesnít make any sense. The Drivers Assistance Package in 2017 and 2018 S6 models includes Audi Pre Sense Plus and Adaptice Cruise with Stop and Go functionality.

The adaptive cruise is more than just cruise control. It has ability to come to full stop and then reengage with tap of the lever. Even if it fails to track properly Audi Pre Sense would kick in to avoid you rear ending someone as youíre in traffic and likely going at moderate speeds.

I doubt Audi would release this functionality if it was buggy.

What are are you basing your case on? What exact package does the car you drove have?

Thanks
Ah ok - wasn't aware Audi updated the technology in the newer MYs, I have a 2013.
randmname is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
newspousema
A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion
2
03-01-2017 09:06 PM
Civuck
Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII
3
11-17-2016 02:08 PM
zico
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
6
08-09-2013 08:35 AM
jfiluk
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
0
01-21-2013 04:47 PM
AudiStory
Q7 Discussion
3
05-19-2007 02:59 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 S6 Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: