S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

All weather floor mats

Old 07-06-2014, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lnferno
Jay knows the correct part #s. I just got mine with the S6 logo from them a couple weeks ago.
Jay's da man! But yeah, that probably explains why he was quite certain he knew how to get what I wanted
Old 07-06-2014, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed
You can get tire paint on ebay for around a buck a tube.
Hmmm, I'm not gonna lie - this idea appeals to me...
Old 07-20-2014, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Hmmm, I'm not gonna lie - this idea appeals to me...
Ok, so mixed results - from a distance they look pretty good, but from close up they look .... like someone painted them with a paint pen. I'd imagine someone more talented and patient than I am could do better. Likewise, I think a brush would have worked better. I did two coats on the red, and two to three on the white (some letters took better than others).

Note that the silver doesn't seem to dry fully - it smears even after a few days curing time I suspect it's a powdered material that isn't really held by the paint carrier. In any case I went with red and white vs red and silver.

I'll see how well they hold up I guess.

Note the red isn't as dark a red as the "real" thing, but it's not quite as orangey as it came out here.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default DO NOT HESITATE... THESE MATS ARE PERFECT!

Hello all, new to the forum.... been following for awhile so naturally when I decided to change all weather mats, I checked on here for suggestions. I liked the Aries 3D but could not find them in black. I believe (could be wrong) that it is because they no longer make that version. Same company, same mats, but called Maxpider 3D. Ordered them on Amazon, came in 2 days, and I couldn't be happier. I've had them a week so far and been to a few holiday parties... The valets at these places see all sorts of luxury and exotic cars, and literally at 3 out of the 5 parties I've attended with the new mats, the valet commented on them or asked me about them. Love Weather Tech - In my wife's Tahoe. Not so much in my A6. Too thick, too rubbery, and too industrial. These are the real deal, well made, not cumbersome, perfect fit, and look amazing IMO. Literally just joined to share with you guys in case any one was shopping for mats. I'll be leaving these in year round as long as they hold up... and at the price point, can't beat it. Here is a link to amazon where I bought them and I will try to attach some pics.
Amazon Amazon
As far as a few of the complaints I saw on here regarding the finishing caps, a few people posted solutions for under $5 that you can find at any hardware store. I just found it funny with a couple posts complaining how awful they look on their $xxx,yyy car.... This is an Audi forum, for Audi owners and this thread is relevant to the C7 platform, so I'm pretty sure we're all familiar what the car costs. Anyway, hope this was helpful to at least one person.... Happy Holidays!

Old 01-01-2018, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Note the red isn't as dark a red as the "real" thing, but it's not quite as orangey as it came out here.
Just as a heads-up, my new S6 came with the expensive all-weather mats, and they have the square part of the logo already red (just like the logo is on the grille), FYI. Having said that, I was a bit disappointed at the rubber material. Looks like it'll scratch easily, but we'll see. The mats shown above mine definitely look better than the industrial WeatherTech, but I like the OEM ones a lot better. Hope they don't scratch, as I suspect they will. What I like about all-weather mats is you're supposed to leave them like new after cleaning every time.