Another high pressure fuel line leak - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page > Another high pressure fuel line leak
Notices
S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another high pressure fuel line leak

Reply

 
 
Old 09-19-2013, 05:29 PM
  #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 37
Default Another high pressure fuel line leak

Hi Everyone. Been on the forum for a while, mostly reading. Not much time to post. I have a 2013 estoril S6 with everything except B&O. March 2013 delivered and nothing but joy last 6 months and 9800 miles. Today drove 36 miles from one workplace to another one and back. Made a stop about 1 mile from my house. I was pulling into a gated parking lot when I smelled fuel. Pretty strong smell. I pulled into a spot and shut the car off. Opened the hood and low and behold. Passenger side fuel line where the metal goes into rubber with some clamps, it was wet. Wiped with rag and the good old fuel smell was right there. By the time the audi road side truck got there it was a nice drip. Had the car towed to the nearest dealership. It was off hours already but i was able to get a loaner thankfully. Will hopefully hear by tomorrow on the estimated fix time. But as I have been reading on the forums, i am looking at a while as the parts are probably backordered. I had no warnings and no lights. I think I must have caught it right before it was about to burst. Right now i feel that i was lucky that it didn't happen on a nice 95 degree day in heavy traffic.
Rf204 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:36 PM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 351
Default

Originally Posted by Rf204 View Post
Hi Everyone. Been on the forum for a while, mostly reading. Not much time to post. I have a 2013 estoril S6 with everything except B&O. March 2013 delivered and nothing but joy last 6 months and 9800 miles. Today drove 36 miles from one workplace to another one and back. Made a stop about 1 mile from my house. I was pulling into a gated parking lot when I smelled fuel. Pretty strong smell. I pulled into a spot and shut the car off. Opened the hood and low and behold. Passenger side fuel line where the metal goes into rubber with some clamps, it was wet. Wiped with rag and the good old fuel smell was right there. By the time the audi road side truck got there it was a nice drip. Had the car towed to the nearest dealership. It was off hours already but i was able to get a loaner thankfully. Will hopefully hear by tomorrow on the estimated fix time. But as I have been reading on the forums, i am looking at a while as the parts are probably backordered. I had no warnings and no lights. I think I must have caught it right before it was about to burst. Right now i feel that i was lucky that it didn't happen on a nice 95 degree day in heavy traffic.
This is starting to become a real problem. I have seen about 6 of these posts now...
GermanGarage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:51 PM
  #3
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 48
Default

Originally Posted by GermanGarage View Post
This is starting to become a real problem. I have seen about 6 of these posts now...
To your knowledge, is this problem limited to 2013's or are some 2014's affected?
carnuts3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:56 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Member
 
CreoS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 540
Default

Originally Posted by carnuts3 View Post
To your knowledge, is this problem limited to 2013's or are some 2014's affected?
I doubt that there are enough 2014s on the road yet to know. However, if part numbers are the same for both model years, I'd assume they haven't fixed it yet...
CreoS4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:31 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 190
Default

Originally Posted by Rf204 View Post
Hi Everyone. Been on the forum for a while, mostly reading. Not much time to post. I have a 2013 estoril S6 with everything except B&O. March 2013 delivered and nothing but joy last 6 months and 9800 miles. Today drove 36 miles from one workplace to another one and back. Made a stop about 1 mile from my house. I was pulling into a gated parking lot when I smelled fuel. Pretty strong smell. I pulled into a spot and shut the car off. Opened the hood and low and behold. Passenger side fuel line where the metal goes into rubber with some clamps, it was wet. Wiped with rag and the good old fuel smell was right there. By the time the audi road side truck got there it was a nice drip. Had the car towed to the nearest dealership. It was off hours already but i was able to get a loaner thankfully. Will hopefully hear by tomorrow on the estimated fix time. But as I have been reading on the forums, i am looking at a while as the parts are probably backordered. I had no warnings and no lights. I think I must have caught it right before it was about to burst. Right now i feel that i was lucky that it didn't happen on a nice 95 degree day in heavy traffic.
I was looking for the spot in the fuel line you described on my car last night. Can you post a pic? Are you talking about the low-pressure rubber supply line which feeds into the high-pressure pump? Check the self study guide for reference...

Does anyone know where exactly the lines are failing?
///M Traitor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:45 AM
  #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
gatorguy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 668
Default

Originally Posted by GermanGarage View Post
This is starting to become a real problem. I have seen about 6 of these posts now...
Uh, no kidding.
gatorguy7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
  #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 37
Default

I don't have access to my car as its at the dealership. The study guide doesn't have a good enough picture to display. if you look at your engine bay from the front. On the passenger side, past the intake, there are two black metal lines attached to the frame by a plastic clip of some kind. the top one has a nut connecting the lines together. The bottom one has a rubber hose with clamps on it. the leak was coming from where the bottom line meets the rubber hose at the first clamp. As soon as I can get to my car I will take a pic. The dealership is claiming that the car will be ready by tomorrow evening but its still sitting outside. So I have my doubts about that. will keep everyone posted. On the other note, I did receive 2 phone calls from AOA corporate. They seem to be really concerned with the fact that it was a fuel line leak.
Rf204 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:36 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 2,858
Default

Does this help?

RobC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 PM
  #9
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 13,760
Default

It's possible it's not a design deficiency of the part causing the issue. It could be there was a limited run of bad parts not to spec from a supplier. If so, Audi should be able to execute a safety recall or TSB to replace it pretty quickly. If not, it would take longer to re-engineer the part, get it manufactured and distributed to dealers.
snagitseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:37 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,760
Default

You know.....this is some serious, serious stuff here. Little engineering flaws here and there are one thing, but this could actually kill people. I actually just emailed my dealer and said if this problem isn't fixed, I am canceling my S6 order
Vijay is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ECS Tuning-Audi
A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
17
08-08-2017 04:38 AM
bilbo6209
A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
10
09-04-2015 04:07 PM
rammstien80
2.7T V6 Discussion
0
09-04-2015 04:26 AM
ECS Tuning-Audi
A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion
0
09-01-2015 09:16 AM
ECS Tuning-Audi
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8)
0
09-01-2015 08:27 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:17 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: