S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

APR 1 tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR 1 tune

Looking for advise if I should go with APR stage 1 tune. As I understand it's software only and it takes less than 1h ( ? ).

So, will I notice engine hp boost?

Will it impact mpg assuming I drive the same style? Does it suppress cylinder deactivation feature?

Ideally I wish to have more hp and improve suspension/steering to the firmer feel.

Appreciate advise since I never done tuning.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by msaudiq5
Looking for advise if I should go with APR stage 1 tune. As I understand it's software only and it takes less than 1h ( ? )
Stage 1 is software only. It should take much less than an hour to load.

So, will I notice engine hp boost?
Yes, you will notice a boost in performance. There's a small increase in the lower RPMs and much more in the upper ranges.

Will it impact mpg assuming I drive the same style? Does it suppress cylinder deactivation feature?
If you drive with the same style, you won't see much of an MPG drop. If you visit the upper RPM ranges, you buy more gas. You have an S6 so you might as well plan on buying more gas.
I don't know which vendors suppress cylinder deactivation.

Ideally I wish to have more hp and improve suspension/steering to the firmer feel.
A stage 1 tune will give you performance. Check out aftermarket sway bars for improved handling.

Here's a link to an EPL Stage 1 thread. It should have answers to questions that you didn't know to ask.

EPL C7 S6/S7 Stage 1 engine and transmission calibration and flash at home
Old 11-05-2017, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I went with the APR Stage one tune and also did my transmission. The difference is quite noticeable. I highly recommend
Old 11-06-2017, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys. Will call couple places today. Can you share what is approx market price for APR1 for our cars?
Old 11-06-2017, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by msaudiq5
Thanks guys. Will call couple places today. Can you share what is approx market price for APR1 for our cars?
You can find this info on the APR website.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HiTEC
I went with the APR Stage one tune and also did my transmission. The difference is quite noticeable. I highly recommend
I also did the the APR Stage 1 tune along with the TCU tune at the same time - the upgrade in power and performance is amazing.
For the handling upgrade, I strongly recommend the Eurocode sway bars and the Alu Kreuz - body roll and chassis flex are eliminated, with no harshness added to the ride.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I, too, have the APR stage 1 ECU and TCU tune. I was still driving it nicely since I only had 400 miles on mine went it went into the shop for the tune. Gas mileage for me INCREASED on the way home after the tune. Each tune, ECU and TCU, took an hour for the shop to install; at least that's what they charged me labor for anyway. Huge improvement in HP and TQ judging by the butt dyno. Haven't found anyone near me with a 4-wheel dyno to check. Stage 2 ECU, downpipes and exhaust are on order and should be installed before Thanksgiving, even though I love the Stage 1. Highly recommend.

Edit: forgot to mention that the cylinder deactivation is still intact after the tune(s).

Last edited by Teamslo24; 11-09-2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Forgot information
Old 11-11-2017, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Teamslo24
Gas mileage for me INCREASED on the way home after the tune.
I would agree that gas mileage went up after the tune as well. It's a nice added bonus.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Stage 1

I just had Eurotech Motorsports upgrade my 2018 S6 with a APR Stage 1 - holy sh*t !!! HUGE DIFFERENCE - the car is a beast !!!!
Old 04-05-2018, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Totally agree on all the previous. I have done nearly all mods "within reason" imo. Mine is a 2013. Hear's my thinking:. Do the exhaust if you want a few more horses and an amazing sound, I went with AWE. . Do both ECU and TCU. Huge difference. I went with APR. Love the product. Nobody mentioned it but I got a HUGE performance boost from the AWE S-Flo air intake. Giant HP and Torque increase right around 3000rpm. Perfect! --I'm currently getting over 600 HP on the Dyno Have fun!

Quick Reply: APR 1 tune