AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/)
-   -   Audi Supplier Discount Wait? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/audi-supplier-discount-wait-2846790/)

nobbyv 05-02-2013 07:18 AM

Audi Supplier Discount Wait?

I was counting on using the Audi Club of NA discount on the S6 I ordered. However, instead of taking the 6-10 months for my Exclusive color to arrive, Audi turned it around in about three. The car is curently at the port in Nova Scotia and will be at the New England port next week.

This is great news, except that I had only joined ACNA a few weeks before ordering my car, so this means I only will have been a member for about 14 of the required 24 weeks when I take delivery. Spoke to ACNA, and they say rules are rules, which I understand.

My other option is to use the Audi Supplier Discount program. I will be changing jobs next week to a company that is listed as a supplier. Current company is not. Does anyone know if the same 6-month restriction applies for the Supplier Discount program? If so, looks like I'm forking out an extra $5k.

snowbooch 05-02-2013 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by nobbyv (Post 24438965)
I was counting on using the Audi Club of NA discount on the S6 I ordered. However, instead of taking the 6-10 months for my Exclusive color to arrive, Audi turned it around in about three. The car is curently at the port in Nova Scotia and will be at the New England port next week.

This is great news, except that I had only joined ACNA a few weeks before ordering my car, so this means I only will have been a member for about 14 of the required 24 weeks when I take delivery. Spoke to ACNA, and they say rules are rules, which I understand.

My other option is to use the Audi Supplier Discount program. I will be changing jobs next week to a company that is listed as a supplier. Current company is not. Does anyone know if the same 6-month restriction applies for the Supplier Discount program? If so, looks like I'm forking out an extra $5k.

I've read the rules/certificate, since I'll also be using the discount, and I didn't see anything on a waiting period, just that you needed a paystub.

Check out the Audi Supplier site and read the fine print (www.audisupplier.com).

HyperS4 05-02-2013 09:51 AM

For the Audi Supplier discount all you need is one paystub, no waiting period.

That being said, why not just spring for the lifetime membership of the Audi club? You know you will probably get into another Audi at some point and the discount goes into effect immediately with that.

nobbyv 05-02-2013 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by HyperS4 (Post 24439038)

That being said, why not just spring for the lifetime membership of the Audi club? You know you will probably get into another Audi at some point and the discount goes into effect immediately with that.

Wow, I didn't even realize this is an option. Strange that Dan at ACNA didn't mention it? I will have to speak with them. Thanks!

Decim8r 05-02-2013 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by HyperS4 (Post 24439038)

Oh really? Darn wish I had known about that before...I think I could have got another $1500-$2000 off with the ACNA discount. But thought I had to wait the 6 months...

Anyway, I would consider the lifetime membership if I was planning to get another S car...But it seems like you can get a better discount off MSRP through regular negotiations. At least that is what I found with the A6.

HyperS4 05-02-2013 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Decim8r (Post 24439063)
Oh really? Darn wish I had known about that before...I think I could have got another $1500-$2000 off with the ACNA discount. But thought I had to wait the 6 months...

Anyway, I would consider the lifetime membership if I was planning to get another S car...But it seems like you can get a better discount off MSRP through regular negotiations. At least that is what I found with the A6.

You do get plenty of additional benefits from being a member though. Also, remember that they just recently put into effect the supplier discount as a member. For the longest time you got $500 back for each car you got. It could change at any time.

nobbyv 05-02-2013 10:48 AM

HyperS4: thanks again, you're a lifesaver. Just got off the phone w/ Dan at ACNA; we upgraded my membership to a lifetime one and I am now good to go! This is my third Audi, and unlikely my last, so a lifetime membership really makes sense. Even if I never buy another Audi, its worth the $750 to save $5000. Plus, the ACNA magazine was quite good (better than The Roundel, IMO).

HyperS4 05-02-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by nobbyv (Post 24439074)
Even if I never buy another Audi, its worth the $750 to save $5000.

It's hard to argue with that math...

mirin S6 05-02-2013 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by nobbyv (Post 24439053)
Wow, I didn't even realize this is an option. Strange that Dan at ACNA didn't mention it? I will have to speak with them. Thanks!

I specifically asked over the phone if getting a lifetime ACNA membership would get me around the 6 month wait period to get a discount. I was told no, there is no way around the 6 month wait period.

I wish I would have pushed harder or asked to talk with someone else.

snagitseven 05-02-2013 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mirin S6 (Post 24439089)
I specifically asked over the phone if getting a lifetime ACNA membership would get me around the 6 month wait period to get a discount. I was told no, there is no way around the 6 month wait period.

I wish I would have pushed harder or asked to talk with someone else.

There was a short period of time last year when ACNA waived the 6 month requirement with a lifetime membership. It only lasted for a few weeks. The last few years, the ACNA benefit was a $500 mailed rebate (which was independent of the Audi Supplier Program - I got both last year).

To the OP: I've purchased 2 Audis with the Supplier Discount and as has been reported, I can confirm that all you need is the form (available from your qualifying Audi partner employer or available on http://www.audisupplier.com/details.aspx), a paystub and picture ID. An immediate family member can be on the bill of sale with the employee to qualify. Good for 6% off sticker and now includes the discount on the freight - same as the ACNA program. Some high end models are excluded, i.e. RS5, TT RS, A8 W12 and R8. Most dealers participate at their discretion.