S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

AWE Cat back system

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AWE Cat back system

We have a new 2017 A6 3.0t (our 10th Audi and third A6). We are considering some mild upgrades and wonder if anyone has fitted an AWE catback system to the car. The early versions were actually designed for the A7, but fit the A6. Because the A7 has different transmission tuning, the system, when fitted to the A6, had a ferocious drone.

I have been assured by the folks at AWE that the newly reissued version is A6-specific and a good fit, physically and acoustically. Any experience is helpful. No other systems seem to be available.

We are also considering the Alu-Kreuz brace and a sew other suspension upgrades. We need to keep this car a cruiser for long trips and we have other cars for howling in the canyons.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Happy Motoring

Eric
Old 08-29-2017, 11:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWE Cat back system

Hi Eric,

I have a 2017 S6 Prestige and will also be doing suspension mods.....Alu-Kreuz + sway bars and end links. I've done a lot of research and people rave about these mods. I've also done this mod to other Audis and it made a big difference over stock.

Not so sure about a cat back. I have done custom exhaust and downpipes on past Audis and other than an improved exhaust note there was no noticeable power gain. Nothing! Not enough to justify the cost of this mod.

I have done some research on the AWE cat back and believe it's a very good system and it would be my choice. However, it seems unless you also do an ECU upgrade the only thing people experience is, again, an improved exhaust note. If that's what you're after then great. Just not enough bang for the buck for my money. Also, not interested in ECU upgrade given the warranty complications.

I do have the sport package with the sport exhaust and it's not that bad.......a little quiet for my liking. AWE would be so much better.

I'm curious, to hear your opinion and also what your expectations are for the AWE cat back?

Enjoy your ride

Rick
Old 08-30-2017, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You know, kinda embarrassed to admit...

Originally Posted by RickS6
Hi Eric,

I have a 2017 S6 Prestige and will also be doing suspension mods.....Alu-Kreuz + sway bars and end links. I've done a lot of research and people rave about these mods. I've also done this mod to other Audis and it made a big difference over stock.

Not so sure about a cat back. I have done custom exhaust and downpipes on past Audis and other than an improved exhaust note there was no noticeable power gain. Nothing! Not enough to justify the cost of this mod.

I have done some research on the AWE cat back and believe it's a very good system and it would be my choice. However, it seems unless you also do an ECU upgrade the only thing people experience is, again, an improved exhaust note. If that's what you're after then great. Just not enough bang for the buck for my money. Also, not interested in ECU upgrade given the warranty complications.

I do have the sport package with the sport exhaust and it's not that bad.......a little quiet for my liking. AWE would be so much better.

I'm curious, to hear your opinion and also what your expectations are for the AWE cat back?

Enjoy your ride

Rick
But the sound is the primary gain for me. The car is so whisper quiet that I just miss a bit of a rumble. We really came close to leasing an S6, but with the new M4 lease, the world was getting a bit pricey. My wife left her S4 to get more rear seat room in the A6 and she misses the vroom. I am on it with the handling upgrades. I drove the BMW m550i the other day and boy, what a beast. X-Drive keeps it from just going up in smoke. You must love your S6 - what a time to be a car guy... jumping from my RS5 to the M4 Competition was a happy jolt. Now, to get our A6 just a bit more nimble... we still chase each other through the canyons and the A6 does amazingly well, but a little handling help will be great.

Happy Motoring
Eric
Old 03-03-2020, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone help me update the firmware and maps on my 2013 A6? I have MMI 3G+. Here is what I am currently running: