S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Black Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Here is mine.....

Old 04-23-2018, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
TAG Motorsports sells black emblems. I buy mine from them.

They are expensive, but they are genuine Audi emblems not cheap imitations. Personally, I don't like the cheap alternatives. Some people don't mind the cheap ones.
I'm curious how much my local body shop would charge to just remove the emblems, paint them (High Quality) and reinstall them? Because if my math is right it would cost over $800 for the parts alone.

Last edited by MikeS6; 04-23-2018 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeS6
I'm curious how much my local body shop would charge to just remove the emblems, paint them (High Quality) and reinstall them? Because if my math is right it would cost over $800 for the parts alone.
Just get them from TAG. Those guys know what they are doing when it comes to painting the emblems.

If you get a local body shop to do it, I can almost guarantee they won't do as good a job. The guys at TAG will take original emblems and then prepare them for paint by sandblasting them.
They use a good paint that will adhere properly without chipping, and then they will hand paint the red parallelogram (in the case of an S model).

I have had my TAG emblems for years and they have been very durable through washing with high pressure washers, and in the hot Florida and South Carolina summers.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Because if my math is right it would cost over $800 for the parts alone.
TAG is having a sale now until April 30.

$378.75 to do rear rings, rear S6 badge with red accent, and side V8T badges.

Don't black out the front rings, it does not look as good.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 04-23-2018 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

TAG is having a sale now until April 30.

$378.75 to do rear rings, rear S6 badge with red accent, and side V8T badges.

Don't black out the front rings, it does not look as good.

idk, I love the look of the Black emblems (Satin finish) My new 2018 coming in is Daytona, with the black optic package, I think the matte black emblems will look sick, even the front ones. And yes, with that sale, that brings down the price a good amount, and in the range where getting those are probably now worth it, especially them being authentic Audi parts. I'm still curious how my body shop would do, and I like the idea that they'll install them for me too. My Auto body guy is like super ****, and he's always insisting on high quality results.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Go to Carbon Genetics on ebay. The guy is awesome and very reasonable $$$
Old 04-24-2018, 12:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Steve247
Go to Carbon Genetics on ebay. The guy is awesome and very reasonable $$$
I'll check that out too, however I admit I agree with SubterFUSE, that I'd want a Audi out of the factory type of quality, look, feel, etc. I just would not be happy with subpar figment & quality. If I buy the logo's from TAG, and I'm curious how much I could sell my authentic brand new ones right off the car for, perhaps offset the cost a little.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very simple.

Step 1. Wash and dry the car.

Step 2. Use blue painters tape, mask of the existing emblems as close as you can get to the edges. For example, you will make a rectangle box of blue tape around the rings.

Step 3. Use dental floss or similar type of cord to remove the emblems. Use a sawing motion back and forth.

Step 4. Use your fingers and a rolling motion to remove the leftover adhesive. It may take some time, but just keep rolling the adhesive and it will come off. You can use some of the removed adhesive like a magnet to keep pulling more off the car.

Step 5. Use some solvent to clean up the remaining adhesive residue, and then wash the area. Use some isopropyl alcohol as a final prep for the area.

Step 6. Using the blue tape as your guide, place the new emblems inside the box you masked off. They will be perfectly in the same place as the originals. Use a folded towel to press down firmly on the emblem to ensure a good bond.
Hey Sub, I saw a YouTube Video where the installer used a heat gun (a hairdryer) ...should that be used too in your opinion?
Old 04-28-2018, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey Sub, I saw a YouTube Video where the installer used a heat gun (a hairdryer) ...should that be used too in your opinion?

I absolutely would not use a heat gun on a car’s paint, but that’s just me.

i personally found that the best way to get the adhesive residue off was to make a sticky ball of adhesive and use it to dab off the rest of the gunk. It takes some patience but it works and does not mar the paint.

you can clay bar as the final step, too To get the last of the residue off.

Quick Reply: Black Emblems