S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Comfort of S6 Sports Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Comfort of S6 Sports Seats

Hi everyone. Looking into purchasing a new 2018 S6. Only a few are still remaining, and all the ones I’ve seen have the S6 sports seats.

I am a little nervous as I have a history of back problems. Low back pain and sciatica. Would you recommend these seats for someone like me?

6’4” 230 lbs.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The massage function of the comfort seats makes a big difference for long drives. Especially if you use the heat and massage simultaneously. There are 5 different types of massage and the lumbar program is great for lower back issues.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by amchuu
Hi everyone. Looking into purchasing a new 2018 S6. Only a few are still remaining, and all the ones I’ve seen have the S6 sports seats.

I am a little nervous as I have a history of back problems. Low back pain and sciatica. Would you recommend these seats for someone like me?

6’4” 230 lbs.
The sport seats are very comfortable. They don't have massage but they have four way (up, down, in or out) electric lumbar support. You should be a able to find a setting that supports your lower back comfortably.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 02-18-2019 at 05:21 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
The sport seats are very comfortable. They don't have massage but they have four way (up, down, in or out) electric lumbar support. You should be a able to find a setting that supports your lower back comfortably.
Thanks. I figured as much. I think I am just overthinking it.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm same weight and height as you.. comfort is nice but they look horrible in comparison. I had lower back surgery on my S1, L5, L4 last year, sciatica was unbearable in the car in any shape or fashion.. I've not had any issues since though and have gone on multiple 5-6hr road trips with no issue with my sport seats
Old 02-18-2019, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dudley123
I'm same weight and height as you.. comfort is nice but they look horrible in comparison. I had lower back surgery on my S1, L5, L4 last year, sciatica was unbearable in the car in any shape or fashion.. I've not had any issues since though and have gone on multiple 5-6hr road trips with no issue with my sport seats
Great. Thanks for the tip. Did you have the car before your surgery? Wondering if it’s the surgery or the car :-). I will take your medical advice too :-)

I drove the S7 today and those seats seemed very low and slightly uncomfortable. The S8 seats were nicer but lacked the support.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amchuu

Great. Thanks for the tip. Did you have the car before your surgery? Wondering if it’s the surgery or the car :-). I will take your medical advice too :-)

I drove the S7 today and those seats seemed very low and slightly uncomfortable. The S8 seats were nicer but lacked the support.
Sorry was just giving a bit of backstory into my sciatica! No issue pre-surgery/injury and now I have zero issues from seats. I found raising the seat up quite a bit (helps with angle of legs) with additional lumbar support helped during the sciatica phase for me. I agree the seats are low. I find myself sitting down first and then rotating my body into the car as its less jarr on the lower back.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm 6'4" and around 240 and find the sport seats very comfortable. Over the summer we took a road trip from Seattle to Missoula, MT to see Pearl Jam and the seats were great.

Side Note: I-90 really needs to go back to an environmental fee for excessive speed in Montana.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

How is the ride quality on S6? I read it is very rough even in comfort mode and with 19" tires.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by malutki
How is the ride quality on S6? I read it is very rough even in comfort mode and with 19" tires.
I don't think it's rough at all.. Dynamic certainly firms it up but Comfort mode is just that.. Very comfortable.

I may be jaded as my previous Weekend car was a GTR, which is brutal in comparison. I find the S6 to be much more comfortable than my older B8 S4 as well.

Quick Reply: Comfort of S6 Sports Seats