S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 S6 Premium Plus - any help appreciated

Old 04-07-2016, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 S6 Premium Plus - any help appreciated

Greetings all

Long time 06 S4 ( 25th Annv limited edition) owner looking to upgrade - trading the S4.

Eyeing a 2016 S6, 7k miles Premium Plus. ( is a 2/15 build and a 4/15 sale date)

Dealer trade in looking to move it.
Original sticker 77k. Will CPO it. West Coast car.

Have 36 months and 43k left of 4/50 and CPO will add 2/50 to total - so i'll end up with 5/93k miles left on maintenance coverage.

Has Blind spot, Bose, 20 inch wheels, Carbon inlays, and diamond stitched seats and Alcantara inserts. After market tinted windows and Daytona Grey.

Does the throttle lag issue of the previous iterations still exist?

Does the 16 models shut down a bank of cylinders to preserve fuel at crusing speeds or is it only a "stall" at long idles ?

Tires would still have 70% twi left.

Anything specific I should be looking out for?

Is the spare a full size - i didn't look?

Did a long test drive. LOVED it and never got into Dynamic with full input. Thing is a monster.

Is there an Audi loyalty for returning Audi customers to a new dealership or does that only apply to lease returns and re-leases.

Thanks in advance and wish me luck..

Cheers
Old 04-08-2016, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, there is a loyalty incentive which (I think) is $1,500 if you finance with Audi and $1,00 if you don't
Old 04-08-2016, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TallMartin
Yes, there is a loyalty incentive which (I think) is $1,500 if you finance with Audi and $1,00 if you don't
I think the incentives are for a new car not CPO cars.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dazs4
Greetings all

Long time 06 S4 ( 25th Annv limited edition) owner looking to upgrade - trading the S4.

Eyeing a 2016 S6, 7k miles Premium Plus. ( is a 2/15 build and a 4/15 sale date)

Dealer trade in looking to move it.
Original sticker 77k. Will CPO it. West Coast car.

Have 36 months and 43k left of 4/50 and CPO will add 2/50 to total - so i'll end up with 5/93k miles left on maintenance coverage.

Has Blind spot, Bose, 20 inch wheels, Carbon inlays, and diamond stitched seats and Alcantara inserts. After market tinted windows and Daytona Grey.

Does the throttle lag issue of the previous iterations still exist?

Does the 16 models shut down a bank of cylinders to preserve fuel at crusing speeds or is it only a "stall" at long idles ?

Tires would still have 70% twi left.

Anything specific I should be looking out for?

Is the spare a full size - i didn't look?

Did a long test drive. LOVED it and never got into Dynamic with full input. Thing is a monster.

Is there an Audi loyalty for returning Audi customers to a new dealership or does that only apply to lease returns and re-leases.

Thanks in advance and wish me luck..

Cheers
First of All I would not buy that Car for 77K, I feel as though you can buy a New 16 for that price. Assuming you have a few of the popular option Packages which you were not clear on. For example: Drivers assistance package, Black Optic Package, LED Headlights, Sunshades? If you don't have all that, I don't feel like that is a good deal. In fact I've always said (some guys like libTTech get upset with my outspokenness) I don't believe it's worth it to consider a 1 year old used, and Definitely not a 2015 CPO. I'm very confident you can get a 2016 if you can find one on a lot out there for about 77K New (84K MSRP). And now yes, you can apply incentives, and you don't have to pay for the Audi CPO which the dealership is going to add to 2015, and it makes the sale of that 2015 S6 so close to a 2016. So close in fact that it's about the same price. I can elaborate if you ask me to, but I'd like the actual list of the options on that 2015 S6 so I can do a price comp for you.

Last edited by MikeS6; 04-08-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What exact options does this S6 have? Like MikeS6 said, you should be able to get a great deal on this particular vehicle. I'd start at $10k off. If you are good at negotiating and have lot's of patience, you can easily score 9% off (includes any incentives) on a brand new S6 that's on the dealer lot/dealer trade. Ofcourse, you'd have to shop around with patience.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the replies and my apologies for not being clearer.

Allow me to fix that:

The s6 is a 2016 (2/15 build and 4/15 sale). It was sold originally 12 months ago.
Its a lease return ( after 10 months)

Im looking at it as used vehicle.

Original sticker was 77k. Im looking to get it at low 60's.
It now has 7k miles.

Options on car ( I have the original sale sticker)

Grey metallic paint.
Led Headlights
20Inch wheel package
Bose surround sound
Carbon Atlas inlays

It also has the blindspot detection but that seems to be standard not an option.

As options go, it seem fairly light but that will be reflected in my offer to them.

Perhaps this information will help in your views and opinions.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the "original sticker-brand new" price was $77k and it's low on options, you should have the upper hand. Low 60s sound about right. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 04-09-2016, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MikeS6
First of All I would not buy that Car for 77K, I feel as though you can buy a New 16 for that price. Assuming you have a few of the popular option Packages which you were not clear on. For example: Drivers assistance package, Black Optic Package, LED Headlights, Sunshades? If you don't have all that, I don't feel like that is a good deal. In fact I've always said (some guys like libTTech get upset with my outspokenness) I don't believe it's worth it to consider a 1 year old used, and Definitely not a 2015 CPO. I'm very confident you can get a 2016 if you can find one on a lot out there for about 77K New (84K MSRP). And now yes, you can apply incentives, and you don't have to pay for the Audi CPO which the dealership is going to add to 2015, and it makes the sale of that 2015 S6 so close to a 2016. So close in fact that it's about the same price. I can elaborate if you ask me to, but I'd like the actual list of the options on that 2015 S6 so I can do a price comp for you.
That's hilarious. You once again give yourself too much credit with characterizing yourself as "outspoken". You are "very confident" he can get a 2016? What is that confidence based on? That you got yourself that deal? You already qualified your statement by saying "if you can find one on a lot" again your masterful discourse on what a great deal you will get on in stock cars. You crack me up. You realize not all markets are the same and just because you received a certain deal in where you are doesn't guarantee that all your masterful detail on pricing will follow precisely to deals elsewhere. I got a great deal yes, but I don't apply the same principles of my deal and assume those same principles will follow to a guy buying my car in say Miami. Why don't you just be happy you got a good deal and stop trying to show how smart and knowledgeable you are with details you consider ironclad which in actuality are not. You jut come off like someone trying to sound smart, not someone who is.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by libTTech
That's hilarious. You once again give yourself too much credit with characterizing yourself as "outspoken". You are "very confident" he can get a 2016? What is that confidence based on? That you got yourself that deal? You already qualified your statement by saying "if you can find one on a lot" again your masterful discourse on what a great deal you will get on in stock cars. You crack me up. You realize not all markets are the same and just because you received a certain deal in where you are doesn't guarantee that all your masterful detail on pricing will follow precisely to deals elsewhere. I got a great deal yes, but I don't apply the same principles of my deal and assume those same principles will follow to a guy buying my car in say Miami. Why don't you just be happy you got a good deal and stop trying to show how smart and knowledgeable you are with details you consider ironclad which in actuality are not. You jut come off like someone trying to sound smart, not someone who is.

I have a feeling we'd be great friends if we met sometime.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

"Does the 16 models shut down a bank of cylinders to preserve fuel at crusing speeds or is it only a "stall" at long idles" ?

- It's on demand throttle based.

"Is the spare a full size - i didn't look"?

- compact spare

"Is there an Audi loyalty for returning Audi customers to a new dealership or does that only apply to lease returns and re-leases".

- As stated previously, Loyalty rebates only apply to new car sales, not previously owned. In any case, the Loyalty program is no longer in effect as of 4/1. It may return later.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 S6 Premium Plus - any help appreciated