S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Drove my S6 over a wall!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove my S6 over a wall!!

Well, I must say, the 2013 S6 is pretty damn tough!!! While visiting my buddies house for the first time on Sunday who lives on a steep driveway, I parked in front of his garage. When leaving, I backed up in the parking spot, put my car in drive and next thing you know, I'm looking down at the earth. I thought that I was driving down the driveway, but NOPE! Right over his retaining wall. Felt like an idiot for doing it, but he was like "Oh, you're not the first to do that!" I was like "Oh, that makes me feel so much better".

Called the insurance company to start a claim and get a tow truck. The flat bed truck driver was fantastic. Took extra time and patience when it came time to get her off the wall. Only two minor scratches on the whole car. One under the front spoiler on the passenger side where it landed on the driveway and one under the back driver side door where it rested on the rock. I'm taking it in tomorrow to have my mechanic look at my skid plate to see if that needs any attention. Other than that, we were all amazed! Got it off the tow truck and drove away. Super grateful. Still feel pretty silly about the whole thing but oh well. Live and learn.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by semperfi91
Well, I must say, the 2013 S6 is pretty damn tough!!! While visiting my buddies house for the first time on Sunday who lives on a steep driveway, I parked in front of his garage. When leaving, I backed up in the parking spot, put my car in drive and next thing you know, I'm looking down at the earth. I thought that I was driving down the driveway, but NOPE! Right over his retaining wall. Felt like an idiot for doing it, but he was like "Oh, you're not the first to do that!" I was like "Oh, that makes me feel so much better".

Called the insurance company to start a claim and get a tow truck. The flat bed truck driver was fantastic. Took extra time and patience when it came time to get her off the wall. Only two minor scratches on the whole car. One under the front spoiler on the passenger side where it landed on the driveway and one under the back driver side door where it rested on the rock. I'm taking it in tomorrow to have my mechanic look at my skid plate to see if that needs any attention. Other than that, we were all amazed! Got it off the tow truck and drove away. Super grateful. Still feel pretty silly about the whole thing but oh well. Live and learn.
You are one lucky guy.

Your friend needs to a 3 foot tall metal railing around that retaining wall, maybe add some lights You are not first or last to have this problem.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Um... Wow!

I could definitely see how that could be a problem, particularly at night time.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m444

You are one lucky guy.

Your friend needs to a 3 foot tall metal railing around that retaining wall, maybe add some lights You are not first or last to have this problem.
Yes, that was definitely mentioned while waiting for the tow truck driver.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alister
Um... Wow!

I could definitely see how that could be a problem, particularly at night time.
It could have definitely been worse at night. Or worse, raining or snowing.