S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Fair price on a new s6?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 02:47 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy

then direct your ire at your dealer because that’s who sets what gets done and when

we did a whole bunch of customer cars the other day, the first day the parts became available.

I’ve yet to see an actual car that had an issue with the prior PODS module fwiw
Yep, I mean in general by Audi, not per dealership. Shouldn’t ALL customer cars be fixed nationwide before they start fixing cars on the lots for sale. It is a safety recall after all, not just a TSB.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by gk1

Yep, I mean in general by Audi, not per dealership. Shouldn’t ALL customer cars be fixed nationwide before they start fixing cars on the lots for sale. It is a safety recall after all, not just a TSB.
There is no “in general”. It’s not up to Audi, it’s up to the dealer on how they choose to allocate their parts inventory.

There really is no shortage of parts either, so both customer cars and cars still unsold can easily be done simultaneously.

You also can’t force customers to actually get the work done. Even though notice after notice after notice goes out, there will always be thousands of cars that are just never done. Again, I’ve yet to see a car that had an actual issue, or a warning light. I’m sure they exist, I’ve just yet to see it. You have hundreds of thousands of cars that date back 6 model years. This is not going to be a one and done situation, cars will be getting these parts installed for years into the future.

The word “recall” is an entire discussion altogether.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 11-22-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So its safe to say dealers already have allocation to fix what’s on the lot as well as customers ? What do you know about this reflash that “some” of them require. Thx for the input
Old 11-22-2018, 04:09 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

There is no “in general”. It’s not up to Audi, it’s up to the dealer on how they choose to allocate their parts inventory.

There really is no shortage of parts either, so both customer cars and cars still unsold can easily be done simultaneously.

You also can’t force customers to actually get the work done. Even though notice after notice after notice goes out, there will always be thousands of cars that are just never done. Again, I’ve yet to see a car that had an actual issue, or a warning light. I’m sure they exist, I’ve just yet to see it. You have hundreds of thousands of cars that date back 6 model years. This is not going to be a one and done situation, cars will be getting these parts installed for years into the future.

The word “recall” is an entire discussion altogether.
Possibly, but I like many others are still in the boat that the last notice received states “we’ll let you know when the fix is available...”
Audi sends those notices not the dealer. How are they repairing lot cars without notice out to customers letting them know they can schedule a fix. Just saying....timing is weak.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JRH13S4
So its safe to say dealers already have allocation to fix what’s on the lot as well as customers ? What do you know about this reflash that “some” of them require. Thx for the input
dont know anything other than they announced it yesterday morning and it’s set for release next week. The few cars we did so far had no issues with the new PODS, thankfully but I guess some cars did, hence the need for the update
Old 11-22-2018, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gk1

Possibly, but I like many others are still in the boat that the last notice received states “we’ll let you know when the fix is available...”
Audi sends those notices not the dealer. How are they repairing lot cars without notice out to customers letting them know they can schedule a fix. Just saying....timing is weak.
Any good dealer keeps in touch with their client base. If yours doesn’t, then that sounds like further evidence of the actual source of your frustration. We had people who specifically requested we call them when parts came in, and we began to do so.

The notices were sent to customers as well starting last week.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I guess I need to look at the safety recall, but to ScarGuy's point, I don't have a warning light on, and it affects only the passenger side of the car, correct? I know this is going to sound off base to most, but I'd rather not have my car go in for warranty work for something that "might" go wrong. I don't like exposing the vehicle to additional work until I feel like I have to. I'm not going to bring mine in for that repair, I'll let the dealership that I sell it to in trade take care of it for the next owner.
It does sound like a very wired situation for the business, as I'd view a sitting inventory like the S6's on lots and in port as a HUGE priority for that repair given the situation. At 25% off MSRP I'd say that Audi is basically selling those cars at like literally their cost, or even below their cost. Making money on these cars (S6's, S7's S8's) for Audi is already difficult, and a very small percentage of their operating income (profit) They have to make money, and if they don't, they simply wont make these type of cars in the future, and we all loose out in that scenario.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:26 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Any good dealer keeps in touch with their client base. If yours doesn’t, then that sounds like further evidence of the actual source of your frustration. We had people who specifically requested we call them when parts came in, and we began to do so.

The notices were sent to customers as well starting last week.
It indeed sounds like your are the exception not the rule. Never has a dealer ever reached out to me or anyone I know regarding recalls. It is always the manufacturer. Anyway we can leave the back and forth alone for now. Happy thanksgiving.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone still able to grab an 18 S6?

Looks like these cars are pretty much cleared from the lots.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

here is A dealer with 2

https://www.audikirkwood.com/new-inv...nchor-model-14

Quick Reply: Fair price on a new s6?