S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Fed up of this suspension issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fed up of this suspension issue

So it’s been around 3-4 months now since I’ve been having this issue and it’s really really annoying... can’t let me enjoy the car at all!

The issue is that suddenly my car’s rear end dropped one day after I parked it (in 5-10 mins). But when I open any door the car would slowly get back to normal level in let’s say 10-15 seconds (even with engine off).

This kept going on for a while like once every 4-5 days. Then it increased to 2-3 days and l now it happens much more often like everyday..

If I leave it overnight the rear would be down like a low rider.

I figured out a quick fix which is before turning the car off, raise it and then lower it and it will hold its height.

Whenever I accelerate a little hard the the car would lower in the span of 10-15 second post acceleration and sometimes I would get this message:

“Air suspension:
Vehicle is too low, controlling level “

And then go away shortly, but if I keep on accelerating again and again then it will give me a warning message:

“Suspension too low, reduced ground clearance”
With a warning beep

I’ve taken the car to Audi a couple of times to get this checked, the SA was telling me they will keep the car for a day and do several tests and they found no issues at all! No leaks, nothing...

Even their diagnosis tool didn’t find any leaks. I took it again 3 days ago and they found an error upon scan saying that the power to the air compressor was cut after sometime.

They then checked the battery and it showed that the battery is faulty and are now asking me to replace the battery..

Now my question is:

Do you guys think this is a battery related issue or something else?

Because they’re charging me equivalent of 890$ to change a battery.. I don’t mind paying that but what if replacing the battery doesn’t fix it and then I’m stuck with some other expense..

Any help would be much much appreciated!

I know i wrote a lot but I wanted to explain the scenario in chronological order and give as much details as possible.

I have obdeleven and I checked many times didn’t find a single error related to ride height or suspension..

If it helps, the car starts to drop from rear left first and then rear right follows..

The Audi SA told me if there was a leak the car would store a message and their scan would detect it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Car:
S6 2013
Old 07-17-2018, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

It sounds like a suspension electrical microcontroller problem. A bad battery can cause electrical gremlins.

The battery should only be $200.

Typically last 3-5 years.

You can look at the battery status channel 18, 19, 20 with VCDS.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Even if the battery is bad, the alternator should provide enough power for the compressor when the engine is running. Sounds fishy to me. Also, per m444, that battery replacement cost is out to lunch, even with the Middle East pricing.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2014 C7 S6 - i didn’t replace the battery untill the car was unable to ignition.

before that no issues with Air suspension - I would recommend we do a VAG-COM air suspension calibration or maybe lowering your air suspension.

and if you want to replace your batteries no need to buy it from the dealer there are lots of options same voltage in KSA.

email me if you want for more clarification:

alhuzaimi@me.com

Originally Posted by m444
It sounds like a suspension electrical microcontroller problem. A bad battery can cause electrical gremlins.

The battery should only be $200.

Typically last 3-5 years.

You can look at the battery status channel 18, 19, 20 with VCDS.