S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

I bought Dr Chill's leftovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought Dr Chill's leftovers

Hey C7 S6 folks,

This is my first time posting in this part of the Audiworld forums. I just became a C7 owner last week after picking up a CPO 2014 S6. The specs are Estoril Blue Crystal Effect paint with Lunar Silver interior and the only options are LED headlights, layered matte black wood and aluminum trim, and rear side airbags. I'm quite certain that many of you have seen this exact car before, as my research leads me to believe that this is the car that Audiworld member Dr Chill traded in to Audi West Palm Beach back in March. If so, I have to give a shout out to Dr Chill for taking such good care of this beauty. It's in such great shape that I feel like I'm driving a brand new car. I made the somewhat risky move of buying it over the phone (after much research and plenty of questions to my salesman) and then flying down to Florida to take delivery and drive it back to Virginia. I am loving it! It's got nearly twice the amount of horsepower as my previous car. Every time I walk up to it I just say to myself "Damn that's a good looking car" LOL. It is replacing my dearly departed 2010 A4 that I owned since new in 2009 and totaled last month. The drive from Florida to Virginia didn't go quite as smoothly as I would have hoped. I already had to make my first unscheduled stop at the dealer less than 48 hours into ownership when the check engine and EPC lights went on while cruising on I-26 in the middle-of-nowhere South Carolina at 11 o'clock at night. Fun times. I did the first thing anyone would think of -- pull off the highway and check the gas cap to make sure it is on tight. It was. The lights disappeared when I started the car back up, but after ~30 more minutes of driving they came back on again and no amount of stopping/restarting, topping off the gas tank, or re-securing the gas cap would make them go out. So I found a place to stay for the night in Columbia by the nearest Audi dealer so I could take it in first thing in the morning. They proceeded to find.....nothing wrong! Well at least when the tech scanned it everything was showing up as normal; the lights initially came on due to a cylinder 8 misfire. I do remember feeling like the engine was 'stumbling' a bit when the lights came on, but I also wasn't sure if that was just the engine switch between 4 cylinder and 8 cylinder modes. I advised the tech that I had just bought the car and it had been sitting on dealer lot for 2.5 months with only ~20 miles being put on it from the time the dealer took possession of it until I took possession. The tech thought that the gas that was sitting in the tank for that long in the Florida heat and humidity may have gone 'stale' and resulted in the cylinder misfire. They dumped a can of fuel additive/cleaner in the gas tank and advised me to fill it up again with top tier gas. I've driven ~800 miles since without incident. In any case, this was a nice little reminder to me that I made the right decision to buy an S6 that was CPO instead of some of the cheaper ones I saw online that didn't have any warranty left. Speaking of pricing, this was my deal:

-41,600 miles on the car
-original factory warranty in effect until 07/2017 then the CPO warranty kicks in
-new Pirelli Pzero tires (with the 'AO' designation indicating they are OEM spec)
-new brake pads/rotors
-new battery
-one Audicare service remaining
-dealer was asking $49.5K; I paid $46K

Here's a few crappy cell phone pics that I snapped (plus a couple sad pics of the A4 when we parted ways):
Attached Thumbnails I bought Dr Chill's leftovers-img_20170530_143212.jpg   I bought Dr Chill's leftovers-img_20170530_143246.jpg   I bought Dr Chill's leftovers-img_20170530_145717.jpg   I bought Dr Chill's leftovers-img_20170421_181804.jpg   I bought Dr Chill's leftovers-img_20170421_183219.jpg  

Last edited by ryanPA; 06-08-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! One of my favorite color combos! Leftovers is borderline insult to this beautiful machine
Old 06-08-2017, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

That indeed was our car which Carfax had listed as a two owner car since halfway through the lease we bought out. So the two owners were Audi Financial and us. The car was always garaged and always hand washed. We had CQuartz Finest applied when it was brand new, so the paint looks fresh. The wheels and tires were taken off when the car had around 500 miles on them and Custom rims/tires went on until the day we traded it in. The pads and rotors were changed less than 2000 miles ago. The motor mounts were recently replaced as well. The only reason I traded it was the 17 S6 was offered to me at over $10,000 off MSRP after all incentives and a fair trade-in value.

The motor mounts were the only thing that ever went bad on this car but the MMI froze up once and the rear camera went out once. Both worked fine after restarting the car and the problem never recurred. The car was never raced or abused, as it was my wife's car that I only occasionally drove. Good luck with it. I'm glad it found its way into good hands.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I prefer the term "sloppy-seconds" to "leftovers."
Old 06-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I prefer the term "sloppy-seconds" to "leftovers."
Did I say "leftovers"?! I meant to say "exquisitely presented second course". Anyway thanks for responding Dr Chill. If I understand you correctly, I actually have 4 year old tires with 500 miles on them as opposed to 'new' tires that the dealership presented to me? Ahh car dealers SMDH. Even if that is the case I'm so happy with this car. I was seriously considering buying either a brand new Prestige trim level A4 or A5 Sportback (both of which would have been over $50K), but I couldn't stomach paying that much for a car with basically the same lousy sounding buzzy 4-cylinder that I had for the past 8 years and plasticky looking leather. The S6 is next level and it's a pleasure to own a used one that was cared for so well by a fellow Audi enthusiast.