S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Just finished installing the AWE exhaust on the car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Just finished installing the AWE exhaust on the car!

Ok so I have to admit I really liked the sound of the car stock(for a stock sounding car). I thought it growled a fair amount when you got on it and was nice and pleasant when using as a daily driver. HOLY CRAP I had no idea this is what was missing. The car has woken up and sounds like a beast now. I finally feel like I have a V8 under the hood(going back to my 5.0 flowmaster days)(Stop judging).

The istall took me about 4 hours(not including breaks and heading to sears to find tools yadda yadda). I had an issue with stripping one of the bolts for the frame brace but ended up finding a fix for it. After that it was smooth sailing. The one thing that I noticed different from the other AWE exhausts I have installed in the past was how many pieces there were. I understand that you need to separate all the joints so you can manipulate them to fit and form to tolerances when installing but a couple of them in my opinion weren't necessary. That being said, I only used ramps and jacks to install this exhaust like usual. If I can do it like that then anyone can.

This isnt going to be a long review, you can see another one just above mine(as I write this, it could be somewhere else by now). If anyone has questions they could always just ask here. This is mainly for posting pictures and videos. Ok, just videos, Im really too exhausted(no pun intended) to post the pictures right now and you can see enough of them on the AWE website.

So heres a before and after, in the same location as requested by someone so theres no anomalies in the videos.

Clearly I dont know how to embed videos either.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Damn! +1
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds great Alex! Quite a difference.

I like that you installed it yourself too.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Sounds great Alex! Quite a difference.

I like that you installed it yourself too.
Thanks. I always believe in doing things yourself so you can bond a little more with the car
Old 04-25-2013, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Damn +1000! That sounds great!! What's the difference from stock on the inside? Like you mention, stock is nice at WOT but could use a bit more oomph. How does it sound inside compared to stock?

Thanks for posting these videos. Sounds amazing.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mik34
Damn +1000! That sounds great!! What's the difference from stock on the inside? Like you mention, stock is nice at WOT but could use a bit more oomph. How does it sound inside compared to stock?

Thanks for posting these videos. Sounds amazing.
Lets just say theres no need for a radio anymore. I have to preface any excitement with the fact I also have the USP intake installed. Somehow, that got SO much louder too. I can hear the turbos spool up and when I get on it and let off quickly I hear significant blow-off.

I was stuck in traffic on my commute this morning like usual. I heard a little bit of tone everytime I started from a stop and it sounded nice, more like "Ive got a whole lot more where that came from" but very docile. Otherwise there was no indication there was exhaust on the car. When I romped on it though, dear lord this thing wakes up.

One of the best sounding cars Ive driven recently is the RS5. I love the way it barks to life when you start it and the V8 just wails when you stomp on it. My car sounds like that now.

Between the intake noise and the exhaust, my whole being gets aroused with the aural cacophony played upon me. So yeah, just get this on your car ASAP!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice job on doing the install yourself!
I agree it lets you know the V8 is there . . . . just a burble when you are driving around . . . . you can hear on downshifts and WOT.

Congrats on the install again.

DC
Old 04-25-2013, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Delaware RS4
Nice job on doing the install yourself!
I agree it lets you know the V8 is there . . . . just a burble when you are driving around . . . . you can hear on downshifts and WOT.

Congrats on the install again.

DC
Thanks, your review was more in depth so I didnt want to do the same thing since you covered a lot. I have to say though, Im very achey today. Many bruised body parts and stiff muscles. Sometimes I wonder at almost 40 why Im still doing installs myself...
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1

Very nice, sounds very intoxicating indeed!

Quick Reply: Just finished installing the AWE exhaust on the car!