S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Just finished installing the AWE exhaust on the car!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Im very achey today. Many bruised body parts and stiff muscles. Sometimes I wonder at almost 40 why Im still doing installs myself...
OMG almost 40!!! Be careful you fragile old man. With me pushing 50 I should not even check my tire pressures...lol
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Harsany
OMG almost 40!!! Be careful you fragile old man. With me pushing 50 I should not even check my tire pressures...lol
Don't worry, Harsany. TPMS will let you know when a tire is 10-15 psi low.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Don't worry, Harsany. TPMS will let you know when a tire is 10-15 psi low.
Thank goodness!!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Lets just say theres no need for a radio anymore. I have to preface any excitement with the fact I also have the USP intake installed. Somehow, that got SO much louder too. I can hear the turbos spool up and when I get on it and let off quickly I hear significant blow-off.

I was stuck in traffic on my commute this morning like usual. I heard a little bit of tone everytime I started from a stop and it sounded nice, more like "Ive got a whole lot more where that came from" but very docile. Otherwise there was no indication there was exhaust on the car. When I romped on it though, dear lord this thing wakes up.

One of the best sounding cars Ive driven recently is the RS5. I love the way it barks to life when you start it and the V8 just wails when you stomp on it. My car sounds like that now.

Between the intake noise and the exhaust, my whole being gets aroused with the aural cacophony played upon me. So yeah, just get this on your car ASAP!
Thanks, you just cost me some money. It will be well spent tho.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by mik34
Thanks, you just cost me some money. It will be well spent tho.
I have also realized another side effect, gas mileage is suffering. All I want to do now is mash the pedal so I can hear the exhaust more!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL, I stopped caring about gas a long time ago. Let the Prius tree huggers worry about that.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mik34
LOL, I stopped caring about gas a long time ago. Let the Prius tree huggers worry about that.
True story.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok so I have to admit I really liked the sound of the car stock(for a stock sounding car). I thought it growled a fair amount when you got on it and was nice and pleasant when using as a daily driver. HOLY CRAP I had no idea this is what was missing. The car has woken up and sounds like a beast now. I finally feel like I have a V8 under the hood(going back to my 5.0 flowmaster days)(Stop judging).
Thanks Alex for taking the time to do a before and after video. I like the sound! BUT...I'm probably in the minority who thinks this is too loud and don't want this on my S6. My ideal exhaust would have a louder low RPM rumble, with the rest of the RPM range just a little louder than stock. I'm not after the muscle-car V8 sound and simply want to turn up the volume a little on the stock exhaust sound.

Hearing it person may change my mind, but I was the same way with my B5S4 exhaust where the UUC1 was just way too much for me and the MTM exhaust was perfect.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RobC
Thanks Alex for taking the time to do a before and after video. I like the sound! BUT...I'm probably in the minority who thinks this is too loud and don't want this on my S6. My ideal exhaust would have a louder low RPM rumble, with the rest of the RPM range just a little louder than stock. I'm not after the muscle-car V8 sound and simply want to turn up the volume a little on the stock exhaust sound.

Hearing it person may change my mind, but I was the same way with my B5S4 exhaust where the UUC1 was just way too much for me and the MTM exhaust was perfect.
One thing to take note is that this was done at idle and I was giving it a good push on the pedal. This was not under load. Under load it sounds lower toned and deeper but louder than stock(if that makes sense). Revving it at idle gives is muscle car sounds that you dont hear when youre actually driving it. Plus it was in my garage so it was echoing a little bit.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing to take note is that this was done at idle and I was giving it a good push on the pedal. This was not under load. Under load it sounds lower toned and deeper but louder than stock(if that makes sense). Revving it at idle gives is muscle car sounds that you dont hear when youre actually driving it. Plus it was in my garage so it was echoing a little bit.
I figure an actual test drive is really the only way I'll know if I like it. Anyone in the southeast planning to get an AWE exhaust for their S6?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just finished installing the AWE exhaust on the car!