S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Just finished installing the AWE exhaust on the car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
Are you sure that the flapper is used to control the exhaust sound in 8-cyl mode? I know it's used to eliminate drone when in 4-cyl mode... but I'm wondering if it's also used in "comfort/dynamic" settings or not...
If I can ever find time and have a continuing desire, I will try to figure out how the system works. There has to be something to increase/decrease the loudness of the exhaust, unless the MMI setting is a total farce.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fairfax 4.0T
If I can ever find time and have a continuing desire, I will try to figure out how the system works. There has to be something to increase/decrease the loudness of the exhaust, unless the MMI setting is a total farce.
You can certainly hear a difference in tone/volume at idle as you roll the windows up and down. Once the windows get down to half-way, the exhaust gets louder. This may be a combination of both the noise cancellation and exhaust flap, or just the noise cancellation.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think this is the best sounding/looking S6 exhaust available...But I wish there were good pictures of both the diamond black tips and chrome tips. I have a glacier white S6 and just can't decide one way or another.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by hugojack
I think this is the best sounding/looking S6 exhaust available...But I wish there were good pictures of both the diamond black tips and chrome tips. I have a glacier white S6 and just can't decide one way or another.
Really depends on the look you're going for. I have everything blacked out on my glacier white so I love the black tips. If you keep the stock wheels and such go with the chrome.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was going to lightly smoke head and tail lights, paint roof black, maybe powder coat the stock 20" wheels gloss black or gloss gunmetal. Leaning towards gunmetal. I'm just afraid of going all in and blacking everything out...SO much aluminum trim!...Grill, pieces by the radar, Door Handles, badging, window trim, etc etc. Does the diamond black tip look dirty or do they have a nice polished shine that stands out? It's hard to tell by the 4 pics I can see. I feel like my chrome tips look black like that if I don't clean them. hah I wonder why they don't offer titanium tips as they have with other exhausts...Doubt I would go that route, but it should still be an option!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Greetings all.....new to the forum having picked up a phantom blck C7 S6...beautiful...though am wondering if any word yet on potential Stasis tuning for this MY?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by hugojack
I was going to lightly smoke head and tail lights, paint roof black, maybe powder coat the stock 20" wheels gloss black or gloss gunmetal. Leaning towards gunmetal. I'm just afraid of going all in and blacking everything out...SO much aluminum trim!...Grill, pieces by the radar, Door Handles, badging, window trim, etc etc. Does the diamond black tip look dirty or do they have a nice polished shine that stands out? It's hard to tell by the 4 pics I can see. I feel like my chrome tips look black like that if I don't clean them. hah I wonder why they don't offer titanium tips as they have with other exhausts...Doubt I would go that route, but it should still be an option!
The chrome tips look great when clean, unfortunately, exhaust tips never remain clean for long. Thats another reason I like to black out everything. It never really looks dirty. Did you just say Titanium Tips??? Go back to the JDM crowd please...JK.

Originally Posted by SGSJ22
Greetings all.....new to the forum having picked up a phantom blck C7 S6...beautiful...though am wondering if any word yet on potential Stasis tuning for this MY?
Awesome first post. Wrong thread.