S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Lease Rates

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease Rates

Does anyone know what the current rates look like?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by letS4nicate
Does anyone know what the current rates look like?
Check this website out. Really helpful, not just for rates but general best practices about leasing. IMO leases with Audi are just not that compelling. They don't incentivize leases like MB or BMW. The money factors are high and residuals determined by Audi Financial are low.

http://www.ridewithg.com/
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. No info there yet on the S6. I'm limited to leasing as it will be a company car so the poor rates and residuals may keep me with BMW. With Audi's push to dethrone BMW, maybe they will get more agressive with their lease programs?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks. No info there yet on the S6. I'm limited to leasing as it will be a company car so the poor rates and residuals may keep me with BMW. With Audi's push to dethrone BMW, maybe they will get more agressive with their lease programs?
The most consistent, helpful forums I've found for leasing info are the Edmunds town hall forums.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 PM
tw1
AudiWorld Newcomer

Based on an extensive amount of research I believe Audi's lease buy rate (money factor) for January 2013 to be as follows:

2013 Audi S6
36 months
30,000 miles
Money Factor:
0.00105 (with one month's security or current Audi lessee)*
0.00120 (new lessee with no security deposit)
Residual: 54%

In addition, you can reduce the rent charge factor .00005 (as of November 2012) for each additional security deposit. Audi will collect up to nine additional deposits over the initial required security deposit for a maximum of 10 total security deposits. The minimum Rent Charge Factor may not be less than .00005 and cannot exceed five decimal places.

*security deposit is 100% refundable at lease end.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Balakris
Check this website out. Really helpful, not just for rates but general best practices about leasing. IMO leases with Audi are just not that compelling. They don't incentivize leases like MB or BMW. The money factors are high and residuals determined by Audi Financial are low.

http://www.ridewithg.com/
I must add my agreement with the above statements.

When we were researching an Audi A4 for my wife, I found that the Audi brand generally does not appear to like leasing. That is, unless you are getting a base model with very few options.

Audi residual values and resale values are generally lower than BMW, so I'm sure this is a major factor.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Months 12-36 39-42
S6 4.0T Quattro Prestige 0.00105 0.00125

Residual Values per mo 12 24 27 30 36 39 42
S6 4.0T Quattro Prestige 62 58 56 54 51 49 47(based on 15k/yr)

For 10k +3 to residual, for 12k +2 to residual.

This is based on current program January 2013
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The residual has nothing to due with resale. I beg to differ that a 5 series or an M5 holds its value better.

It's a simple reason of supply and demand with the market value.

The lower residual means Audi financial gets more money from the customer up-front. The buyout is lower on the end.

BMW puts very high residuals on their vehicles to move invnetory off the lot. Is a 535 worth 60 percent of MSRP 3 years later? Heck no. But the leasing company gets it back and writes it off and they sell it to the dealer at a reduced cost.

Audi has one of the lowest incentives rates per car of any highline brand out there.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
The residual has nothing to due with resale. I beg to differ that a 5 series or an M5 holds its value better.

It's a simple reason of supply and demand with the market value.

The lower residual means Audi financial gets more money from the customer up-front. The buyout is lower on the end.

BMW puts very high residuals on their vehicles to move invnetory off the lot. Is a 535 worth 60 percent of MSRP 3 years later? Heck no. But the leasing company gets it back and writes it off and they sell it to the dealer at a reduced cost.

Audi has one of the lowest incentives rates per car of any highline brand out there.
You are spot on. It is hard to make Audi leases make financial sense... I have purchased both of my Audi's after evaluating leases. BMW leases are a lot more aggressive..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, in a pure lease (outside of the auto world), the residual value should represent the value at the time of lease end. The problem with cars is that this is a difficult exercise.

There is a flip side to this though...if at any point during your Audi lease, the exit value (residual+sum of remaining payments) is typically less than (or close to) the market value, which means that it's relatively easy to get out of your car and into a new one should you so choose. In a BMW, you're stuck...

Quick Reply: Lease Rates