AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/)
-   -   Looking at a High Mileage 2013 S6 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-c7-platform-discussion-199/looking-high-mileage-2013-s6-2960950/)

RatesTrader 05-28-2022 04:48 AM

Audisherm,

I’m not hijacking your thread as I just posted a new thread of my own and I couldn’t help but notice the similarities between the car you are describing and the one that I’m currently looking at as well. A one owner 2013 S6 with 91k on it. I won’t post the vehicle here as I already posted it in my thread but if it is the same vehicle wow, what are the odds? Ha! Small world… I lost out on an immaculate black on black 2013 S6 earlier this month so have been back on the chase again. Had to post here as your description was uncanny!

audisherm 05-29-2022 03:39 PM

If it is and you decide to get it, enjoy.
I decided to some months for prices to drop, given that after serious research, that milage will warrant immediate repair and replacement work totaling about $5000 at least so you can ride through the first 10,000 miles after purchase.

I would do a full pre purchase inspection (PPI), and make sure to include a compression test which that alone can run about $500 not including the PPI.

Unless you are a mechanic you can see the list of upcoming problems on youtube with that milage.

Good luck.

RatesTrader 05-29-2022 03:53 PM

Appreciate the reply audisherm and I agree with you 100% about having the PPI done before any purchase of these high mileage luxury sedans. Prices are certainly out of control and have been for some time. However, with interest rates screaming higher as of late a lot of these dealers are going to have to start lowering prices and I’m already seeing it to some extent.

Years back I leased a 2008 750Li so I’m well aware of the high maintenance/repairs on these cars. I’m sure I can speak on behalf of most here that nothing will kill the joy of purchasing a car only to end up having to sink a ton of money right into it. This will be my first Audi whenever I decide to pull the trigger and the members here like yourself have been helpful in knowing what to look for as well as some of the more common issues these cars have.

Thanks again and I wish you well with your endeavors as well.

audisherm 05-29-2022 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by RatesTrader (Post 25715174)
Appreciate the reply audisherm and I agree with you 100% about having the PPI done before any purchase of these high mileage luxury sedans. Prices are certainly out of control and have been for some time. However, with interest rates screaming higher as of late a lot of these dealers are going to have to start lowering prices and I’m already seeing it to some extent.

Years back I leased a 2008 750Li so I’m well aware of the high maintenance/repairs on these cars. I’m sure I can speak on behalf of most here that nothing will kill the joy of purchasing a car only to end up having to sink a ton of money right into it. This will be my first Audi whenever I decide to pull the trigger and the members here like yourself have been helpful in knowing what to look for as well as some of the more common issues these cars have.

Thanks again and I wish you well with your endeavors as well.

I currently own a 2005 A6 with 164,000 on it after I sank so far about $5k into it to keep on the road the last 2 years or so.

At this point its not even tradable, but she keeps on tickin...lol.

So I know the problems as well and I'm willing to deal with it as I love these cars, but at lower prices, hence the wait as interest rates squeeze the sellers.

The fun in these S6's is in the stage 3 ecu /tcu upgrade.

THAT my friend is pure Nirvana...Lol.

Hopefully in about the next 4-6 months or so we see a nice 15% drop.

Lets see.

RatesTrader 05-29-2022 06:10 PM

I too was looking at the A6s some time back. I fellow co-worker had one with the 3.0 V6 and after work one day he let me drive it and that’s when my interest in owning an Audi really took hold. I’m currently in my 40s and in my teens into my 20s I was deep into the fox body mustangs in the 1990s. I saved up money from my job during high school and purchased my first one, a 1991 black on black 5.0 coupe with a manual. Back in the 90s we obviously had aftermarket upgrades but far from todays technology but I was hooked. I first put on a set of full length headers, off-road h-pipe and a Flowmaster cat back exhaust with the 2 chamber mufflers. Next was a set of heads, cam, intake, injectors, throttle body, etc. and a 150 wet plate NOS system. Then I took it to Steeda for the suspension work. That was a fun car and even 30 odd years later I still miss that car. After that one I bought a 1993 black on black coupe identical to the’91 and did pretty much all of the same work except I went with a Vortech supercharger over the nitrous. After that car was stolen I bought another ‘91 and the last one I had after that was a ‘95 (not a foxbody but last year of the 5.0).

Forgive me for getting sidetracked there but nostalgia hit, lol. Again, after driving his 3.0 V6 Audi I knew at some point I’d have to get an Audi and have been looking at both the S4 and S6s. I’d be very happy with either one but after driving an S6 there’s something about that twin turbo V8. It sounds like we are in somewhat similar situations regarding knowing what we want (S4 is on my list too though) but waiting for prices to come back to reality for lack of a better word.

This is the link to the S6 I was referring to in my previous posts;
Thought you might be interested in this CarGurus listing:

2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro Prestige Sedan AWD - $23,990 (GREAT_PRICE)
Mileage: 91,225 Location: Tampa, FL
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/328373662

audisherm 05-30-2022 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by RatesTrader (Post 25715201)
I too was looking at the A6s some time back. I fellow co-worker had one with the 3.0 V6 and after work one day he let me drive it and that’s when my interest in owning an Audi really took hold. I’m currently in my 40s and in my teens into my 20s I was deep into the fox body mustangs in the 1990s. I saved up money from my job during high school and purchased my first one, a 1991 black on black 5.0 coupe with a manual. Back in the 90s we obviously had aftermarket upgrades but far from todays technology but I was hooked. I first put on a set of full length headers, off-road h-pipe and a Flowmaster cat back exhaust with the 2 chamber mufflers. Next was a set of heads, cam, intake, injectors, throttle body, etc. and a 150 wet plate NOS system. Then I took it to Steeda for the suspension work. That was a fun car and even 30 odd years later I still miss that car. After that one I bought a 1993 black on black coupe identical to the’91 and did pretty much all of the same work except I went with a Vortech supercharger over the nitrous. After that car was stolen I bought another ‘91 and the last one I had after that was a ‘95 (not a foxbody but last year of the 5.0).

Forgive me for getting sidetracked there but nostalgia hit, lol. Again, after driving his 3.0 V6 Audi I knew at some point I’d have to get an Audi and have been looking at both the S4 and S6s. I’d be very happy with either one but after driving an S6 there’s something about that twin turbo V8. It sounds like we are in somewhat similar situations regarding knowing what we want (S4 is on my list too though) but waiting for prices to come back to reality for lack of a better word.

This is the link to the S6 I was referring to in my previous posts;

2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro Prestige Sedan AWD - $23,990 (GREAT_PRICE)
Mileage: 91,225 Location: Tampa, FL
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/328373662

Yea...thats the one, but I prefer black.

The white is nice though.

RatesTrader 06-01-2022 10:37 PM

Audisherm, I’m your last post In our discussion you mentioned that you prefer black. I found this 2013 S6 as I was browsing and came across this one. Im not sure if it fits into the wheelhouse of your what your looking for but thought I’d post it here for you nonetheless.
2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro Prestige Sedan AWD - $27,495 (FAIR_PRICE)
Mileage: 82,248 Location: Glenview, IL
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/329619291

audisherm 06-02-2022 08:04 PM

Thanks man.

I appreciate the look out.

Its a bit out of my price range and decided to hold tight for a few and let prices drop....unless a drop dead price comes around that gives me the woodies....LoL.

RatesTrader 06-05-2022 06:15 PM

I figured as much given our previous posts but dropped it here nonetheless, lol. That clean white one I had posted that we were both looking is gonzo. I’m not surprised though and figured that car wouldn’t last long on the market.

Boostboy 07-06-2022 09:51 PM

High mileage is fine if its been taken care of and the turbos are done and the oil screen and pcv. As long as you keep up with DSG maintenance there isnt much MAJOR things to worry about, you willl get a lot of fun and enjoyment out of the 4.0t just make sure it was taken care of especially the turbos and the dsg