S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

MMI Volume Glitch

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Volume Glitch

I am having an issue that the dealer can't seem solve and am wondering if anyone has experienced it. I have 2017 S6 and the MMI volume will come on by itself after being manually muted. Example: I get in the car and start it. The entertainment volume comes on to a preset volume as it should. I press the volume control to mute it. Within seconds it unmutes on its own. It does this randomly and not consistently, so I don't believe this to be some feature I am misunderstanding. Sometimes I can mute and it stays muted. Sometime it will unmute after the car is moving and the backup warning system disengages, (although, if muted again, it sometimes unmutes on its own) Very frustrating issue, any help would be appreciated. I've had it to the dealer 3 times for this issue, and it does not seem to happen for them. I have also recently had the MMI updated.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Try resetting it, by holding the menu and upper right 'key' with your right hand, then push the central **** with your left for a few seconds, until the screen goes black. Then release all 3 buttons and it'll reboot. Hopefully that will take care of it. If persistent, I suspect something went wrong with the update, since you didn't mention it happened before. Good luck.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Try resetting it, by holding the menu and upper right 'key' with your right hand, then push the central **** with your left for a few seconds, until the screen goes black. Then release all 3 buttons and it'll reboot. Hopefully that will take care of it. If persistent, I suspect something went wrong with the update, since you didn't mention it happened before. Good luck.
Thanks for the quick reply. The MMI update was the most recent attempt by the dealer to remedy the issue. The MMI has been reset several times as well and unfortunately that has not solved the issue.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Surely I don't have the only S6 doing this?
Old 06-01-2018, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by R_A8
Surely I don't have the only S6 doing this?
I have the same issue too. Did the MMI update change or improve anything else?
Old 06-01-2018, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same problem here. Its annoying. For me it seems to happen if I've muted it before gong into reverse to back out, then it unmutes after going onto forward gear and the backup camera turns off.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Go123
I have the same issue too. Did the MMI update change or improve anything else?
No difference noticed after the MMI update. Everything else seems to work fine and it retained mods like ride height, DTRL and lap timer.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scottts
Same problem here. Its annoying. For me it seems to happen if I've muted it before gong into reverse to back out, then it unmutes after going onto forward gear and the backup camera turns off.
Me too, so I thought it was the volume feature for the parking assist that may have been causing it. However it is inconsistent and it does it before I put the car in gear as well. Sometimes all I do is get in, start the car and mute the MMI. I touch no other systems in the car and it will still unmute on its own. :/
Old 06-02-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is an internal knowledge article Audi came out with on older vehicles that is similar to your concern and seems normal as the computer (MMI) is booting up i.e., loading nav, syncing Bluetooth, etc.

Customer mutes the sound before exiting the vehicle. Upon return the sound is not muted.

Cause

The software is different than 2G system and this is normal. See below on specifics.

1. When entering vehicle ( with radio muted ) , it will un mute within 5 seconds , must hit mute again and it will stay in mute mode .

2. When entering vehicle ( radio playing ) and hit mute button within 5 seconds of vehicle started , radio will un mute on its own , you must hit mute again and it will hold mute .

3. When entering vehicle ( radio playing ) and you WAIT minimum 15 seconds , and then mute radio , it will then maintain mute mode

Correction

There is nothing wrong with the vehicle, this is a normal condition. Please inform the customer and release the vehicle.”

Old 06-05-2018, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Same exact issue - I’ve decided just to lower the volume and try and move forward in my life. Could be a lot worse !!!
2018 S6