Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Multiple Faults, Dealer can't replicate

S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - Present

Multiple Faults, Dealer can't replicate

Old 07-12-2019, 09:39 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Oaborbag View Post
One thing I'd add that just came to mind, Is I remember when going through the service history, one of the first items the first owner had done was replace the transmission. I don't have the records on me so I can't see the date or part number associated with it, but maybe the car was an early 2014 and thats why the TCU matches your 2015?
Indeed, that could be why the TCU appears to be up to date.
Do you have the build date from the sticker on the car?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Oaborbag View Post
Could it be bad connections or water got in the connections at some point and caused the issues? The issues all started the day after I took the car through the first car wash when I got it, well 6 days after I got it. The next day all of the faults showed up, and have come back ever since.
Definitely possible. Your car underwent major surgery to have the transmission replaced so any connections are all suspect.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
Indeed, that could be why the TCU appears to be up to date.
Do you have the build date from the sticker on the car?
Wish I had paid better attention to it, I know I've looked at it before, but the car is still at the dealership and I might not see it until Monday if the Map sensors don't get there soon.

Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
Definitely possible. Your car underwent major surgery to have the transmission replaced so any connections are all suspect.
Probably right, makes me wonder if previous owners dealt with the same issues, I'd imagine it had been through some car washes before I got it. I bought it with 34k miles on it.