S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My New S6

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ggraham
Great pics. I've got the identical car but with comfort seats (wifey choice ) Do you usually pull in the "ears" while parking? Thanks for sharing.
Yes. I've been doing this for a while since my 2014 A6 which pulls the mirrors in automatically. It was easy to find the setting in the MMI that will do this automatically. It wasn't enabled on my new car. I like that it reminds me that the car is locked and I think it looks good!
Old 05-22-2017, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

The weather was perfect this weekend so I spent some time detailing with my son. We put the first coat of wax on it. I love the shine!

Old 05-22-2017, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

I call this one "Taming the Beast.". Haha. We took the engine cover off to ogle at the turbos. My son thought that was really interesting and so did I. 😜

Old 05-22-2017, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! I find myself wanting to get this car washed all the time but I'm refraining from doing more than once a week right now to try to keep my costs down lol. Especially the front wheels get dirty very quickly. I live on the beach so it's very annoying constantly having to use wiper fluid to clear the windshield but when I got this car last week I bought a parking spot in the garage but some of it is still open and there's a lot of dust in the air that seems to coat the cars down there. I'll be moving in about 5 months hopefully gonna have a garage this time!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the Opticoat permanent wax on mine and love it. Always easy to clean and shine up. I also did the Xpel clear bra across the whole front of car to keep away any random dings in paint.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm having tints put on this weekend. The guy that my dealer referred me to said he can install Suntek for $175 is that good? What do you guys use/recommend?

My friend got an M4 recently and said he paid around 600 for 3M crystalline I feel like that's just a little ridiculous
Old 05-25-2017, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Caleb Wakefield
I'm having tints put on this weekend. The guy that my dealer referred me to said he can install Suntek for $175 is that good? What do you guys use/recommend?

My friend got an M4 recently and said he paid around 600 for 3M crystalline I feel like that's just a little ridiculous
That suntek seems good to me, although I'm not an expert on tint. I went with the 3M which cost me 399, but I worked it though the dealer so that the cost would be rolled into my lease.

I picked up a base model Subaru Outback a couple years ago that was not factory tinted so I took it to a tint shop and paid 175 for some basic tint. I don't have any idea of the brand but it's held up great and honestly I don't notice any difference between that tint and the tint on this Audi or my prior ones.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I also have the 2017 Daytona Grey, ACC, Sport, Black optics. It seems to be one of the more popular colors on this car. Mine doesnt have the red interior though... its goes so well with the brakes too!

Old 05-26-2017, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ALRSD
I also have the 2017 Daytona Grey, ACC, Sport, Black optics. It seems to be one of the more popular colors on this car. Mine doesnt have the red interior though... its goes so well with the brakes too!
Great pics! Dont hesitate to post more pics and maybe sound clip of the exhaust...ive watched all the youtube vids there are already. Just need something to hold me over for the next 2 months
Old 05-26-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ALRSD

That is one gorgeous car!!! Did you order it, or was it on the lot? I ordered mine. This build spec is exactly as I wanted it to be.

Quick Reply: My New S6