S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Need help--selling? 2013 S6

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help--selling? 2013 S6

Moved to a small island with small, read slow roads. "Thinking" of selling. I think I did all the right mods and the car is in great/perfect shape with 39K miles. Over 600 hp transferable extended warranty. White/Black. Right at $80k new $10k in mods. Any ideas of best way to market and/or opinions on price? ( please don't get all pissy if I'm posting in the wrong place). Grill is now RS honeycomb.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

what options do you have?
Old 02-11-2018, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Lowered ( slightly) Apr ECU /trans upgrade,Stop Tech brakes, AWE exhaust and S- intake. Z technique finish, Michelin Pilot sport S4 (new) tires. Carbon wrap trim, RS honey comb grill, Euro Tech sways and Alu Krutz .---Primium package. Driver assist, Bose, Carbon trim etc. Nicely equipped.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to KBB you might be able to squeeze 37-40 K out of it. I talked with dealers about this before and some may think that if a car has been modded it might be worth less since odds are it has been driven much harder and not just to church on Sunday. I think to get the most out of it you need to find a forum like this that an enthusiast would want it. Dealers don't give a crap what you've done to it.
Best of luck.

C
Old 02-11-2018, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You are spot on.-- I checked a local dealership and the "net" trade in value against a used RS5 on their lot was right in that ball park. My car is spot on perfect and a blast to drive. All the work has been done by the dealer and very reputable speed shops. I do not abuse the car in any way---and it looks and drives that way. it's just a little more than I need in my new location. I'm hoping maybe to get closer to $50K ( My last one was an S4 Avant and the sale surprised a lot of people. I too had all the right mods). Just takes someone that appreciates the set up. I have not had a single issue with the car to date. Thanks for the info/advice. I'll do a little more digging.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kczach
According to KBB you might be able to squeeze 37-40 K out of it. I talked with dealers about this before and some may think that if a car has been modded it might be worth less since odds are it has been driven much harder and not just to church on Sunday. I think to get the most out of it you need to find a forum like this that an enthusiast would want it. Dealers don't give a crap what you've done to it.
Best of luck.

C
Dealers don't care about most mods, because of 2 reasons... 1.) Most mods don't actually add much "market value" to the vehicle, and 2.) They are always going to say it does not help at all when selling the vehicle, because its also a justification to offer lower amounts on the trade. The mods will add some value to the vehicle but at the same time it narrows the field of buyers that will pay for the vehicle at the modified/higher price, so it's riskier for the dealer to attach a higher allowance amount.
In this case I'd say you'd want to private sell that despite some of the usual hassle's and loss of a trade tax credit, etc.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by whatacar
Agree with Mikes6. I am in the market for a S6-C7. I am looking at 2016 @ $40k. As a 2013, there is no warranty, as with a tune. My assumption is a low mile 2013 with a tune is no better than a 2016 with 50+ Kmiles, save the $2.5k for the tune. I would price accordingly. On the plus side, from the forums, I can assume you really love the car, and so should the buyer. Try selling it through the forum, as most public site users will not pay for your appreciation of the finer details of the car.
Tried to reply earlier. Lost in space? I would say for all practical purposes that there is a fine line between a "13 and a '16. If the '16 had 50k on it and the '13 40k I might easily chose the '13. ( Mine just turned 40k). The mods I have done total around $10k, not $2500 which would barely do the exhaust. In addition I have a few years left on a Platinum Extended Warranty which can easily be transferred. I'm thinking a fair price for my S6 would be around $45k. One owner, driven "sensibly" ALL work done by dealer and very good speed shops in WA. and AZ. New tires ,brakes and totally up to speed on all maintenance items. Fun car.!