S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Ordered; last of the C7.5

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered; last of the C7.5

I ordered one of the last S6's today... I'm not sure if there's allocation for February or not, the dealership made me feel like I got one of the last orderable 2018 S6's. I've been one of the wieners complaining about the all new S6 platform to come, all that V6 bad, etc. I said to myself if I could get a good deal before they stop making the 2018's I would, and what do you know I found a dealership that was willing to spin a good deal. So I can enjoy the car for a few more years, while we see how Audi fairs the next generations of the S and RS.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

Good move, Mike. I did the same thing at the very tail end of the S8 run. I had been leaning toward the S6, but the S8 was closer to the new model release, and the discount, on a build order at that, was better than the S6. Doing the build, you get exactly what you want, without paying for stuff you don't want.

I think the automotive high water mark has already been reached, and I want to drive off into the sunset with a V8.

Good luck, Mike
Old 01-28-2018, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the congrats...Yea there's nothing that's going to replace that V8. I was curious how much the titanium exhaust changes the sound as well, but I could not justify the 10K for that.I'm also interested in comparing all of the small changes in the new model, and the upgrade to the prestige that I opted for. But yea I like the idea of ordering the exact configuration I wanted, as I have a strange attraction to the Lunar Silver interior, and that's basically impossible to find on dealer stock builds. I'm probably going to get **** for this, but I also opted for the Alacantara headliner. I just think it adds so much class to the interior. I still wish I could have had soft close doors added in as an orderable option.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! I was debating doing the same since it was pretty much confirmed the next gen wouldn’t get a V8 but, after having had both the A6 and S6 of the current gen, not sure if I can justify a 3rd C7 the insides are getting a bit dated and I feel like it’s time for something new/fresh. If my budget was unlimited I’d definitely get one to just drive on weekends like a 3rd or 4th car... but been also wanting to try the new M550 and maybe the new E class, heard good things about it. Also... the new C8 is coming and who knows, maybe the RS versions will get an 8 cylinder!? That would be one hell of a reason to step up!

No need to apologize for making it your own, if dolphin leather is what you like, then by all means who are we to judge LOL. One should go all out on a custom order and not compromise, life’s too short to settle for less! I love the lunar interior and the Alcantara headliner is an excellent choice. Share some pics when you get it!
Old 01-29-2018, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Options

Originally Posted by MikeS6
Thanks for the congrats...Yea there's nothing that's going to replace that V8. I was curious how much the titanium exhaust changes the sound as well, but I could not justify the 10K for that.I'm also interested in comparing all of the small changes in the new model, and the upgrade to the prestige that I opted for. But yea I like the idea of ordering the exact configuration I wanted, as I have a strange attraction to the Lunar Silver interior, and that's basically impossible to find on dealer stock builds. I'm probably going to get **** for this, but I also opted for the Alacantara headliner. I just think it adds so much class to the interior. I still wish I could have had soft close doors added in as an orderable option.
I've heard it said that it's the options you don't order that you remember. I passed on ordering the Alacantata headliner when I did my build for my 2007 A8, and I regretted that decision for over eleven years. It really makes a difference. Lunar Silver is really nice. If you are going to buy a new car, the numbers work out a lot better if you keep it for a long time, so it helps if every time you walk up to it, you really feel good about it. Mike.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats on the new order! Would you be willing to share approx discount etc for your deal? Two dealers near me collectively have 6 or 7 S6's to choose from. I have my eye on one but haven't made the call yet. Still trying to decide what to do with my A8 - as in keep or punt.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sure Puzz1,
It's funny every time I buy a car, I'm amazed at what some dealers try to present. I always write down very specific info on a write up sheet that my salesman is writing on right before he goes to the sales desk. I usually write down specifics as to what I'm thinking as far as numbers. I have to say I literally just want what any 10 year old can look up on the internet. I was shocked that a lot of dealers were not interested in dealing as I have always suspected they would not on an ordered vehicle. My dealership of choice (I bring my Audi there for service) came up with a trade number thousands below what I should get as a trade in value. I tried to talk him into trying to sell me a car, it was weird. He just said "that's the best I can do, I need to be able to make some money on your trade". I don't understand sometimes because I was thinking... well yea, your not going to make 11K on my deal, but you'll make 8K,... and if I walk out of here you're going to make ZERO. And what happens if I buy add on's in the finance office, and what happens if I bring a friend back to also buy a car because I got a decent deal, and what happens if I write several reviews that help clinch a future deal, and what happens if I come back again and buy another car here...
They let me walk. I simply, and easily found a dealer that didn't even look at my car (my trade) and said yes to the deal.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tinbad
Congrats! I was debating doing the same since it was pretty much confirmed the next gen wouldn’t get a V8 but, after having had both the A6 and S6 of the current gen, not sure if I can justify a 3rd C7 the insides are getting a bit dated and I feel like it’s time for something new/fresh. If my budget was unlimited I’d definitely get one to just drive on weekends like a 3rd or 4th car... but been also wanting to try the new M550 and maybe the new E class, heard good things about it. Also... the new C8 is coming and who knows, maybe the RS versions will get an 8 cylinder!? That would be one hell of a reason to step up!

No need to apologize for making it your own, if dolphin leather is what you like, then by all means who are we to judge LOL. One should go all out on a custom order and not compromise, life’s too short to settle for less! I love the lunar interior and the Alcantara headliner is an excellent choice. Share some pics when you get it!
Thanks Tinbad! Yea I admit the inside Tech is definitely getting dated, especially when I see the new A7's interiors 3 digital 10 inch touch screens, etc. Then you look at the 2018 S6 interior where it looks nice, but you can feel that more vintage look. I think I'm OK with "vintage" for a few more years while I get all of those things that will be really, really rare on a car 2 years from now, that being a dual clutch V8. The side benefit is that I also get a decent deal on it as well, as I see the Q5 an the S4 are still selling for 3K over invoice. I'm not sure how the A6/S6 sells in any event compared to the Q5 or S4 anyway, probably less of course, but I guess my point is there's that bump in price as an all-new platform is released.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Even ignoring the interior and tech, the new one will likely be lighter, faster, and better handling...
Old 02-01-2018, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

While I do love the V8 in my S7, I think that some of you need to go drive the new Panamera. It has the V6 and it is every bit as fun to drive as the V8 that our S6/S7s has. I personally will not make the V8 a sole deciding factor in replacing my current S7.

Quick Reply: Ordered; last of the C7.5