S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Ordering 2018 Audi Exclusive S6

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering 2018 Audi Exclusive S6

In the process of trying to order a 2018 Audi S6. Want to order Audi Exclusive Exterior and Interior. My local dealer has told me they don't think they can order exclusive interior for 2018. Does anyone else have information on this, or any other information on the Exclusive Program in general?
Old 12-14-2017, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

It is no longer available for exterior or interior on the 2018 A6/S6.
​​​​​
Old 12-14-2017, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

To your knowledge there is no way to circumvent this? I would have ordered a 2017 if I had known this, wanted one of the last V8's before Audi switches motor and body style next year. Very disappointing.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just bought a metallic black with black interior (silver stitching) with carbon package (and some aluminum), and it's gorgeous. I also wanted this model for 2 reasons: it's timelessly beautiful, not the ugly mess MB and BMW cars are nowadays. And most importantly, it's been in the market for 6 years, so hopefully it'll be bulletproof mechanically. I don't dig the videogame dashes and such. Guess I'm showing my age (56 in a week), but nothing like proper full analog gauges, and a monitor that hides itself electrically. Also doubt any such car will use a DCT anymore, and it's a damn shame. No auto TC transmission can blip the throttle like a DCT. They can only rev-match, but not blip the throttle; BIG difference. And shifts are instantaneous. The paddles on this car are a delight, with very short stroke and positive 'click' activation. A big improvement over my ex-Porsche. Go for it man, before it's too late.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Just bought a metallic black with black interior (silver stitching) with carbon package (and some aluminum), and it's gorgeous. I also wanted this model for 2 reasons: it's timelessly beautiful, not the ugly mess MB and BMW cars are nowadays. And most importantly, it's been in the market for 6 years, so hopefully it'll be bulletproof mechanically. I don't dig the videogame dashes and such. Guess I'm showing my age (56 in a week), but nothing like proper full analog gauges, and a monitor that hides itself electrically. Also doubt any such car will use a DCT anymore, and it's a damn shame. No auto TC transmission can blip the throttle like a DCT. They can only rev-match, but not blip the throttle; BIG difference. And shifts are instantaneous. The paddles on this car are a delight, with very short stroke and positive 'click' activation. A big improvement over my ex-Porsche. Go for it man, before it's too late.
I'm thinking you missed a big one, the fact that it's the last of the V8. But wait I have a question, I didn't realize that DCT's might be a thing of the past as well? Whys that? Also... did you "order" one? You said you bought one, what do you mean? Order, or bought one off the lot?

Last edited by MikeS6; 01-01-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Too expensive. Notice the new S4s have a regular auto-8 already. And the A4s still the DCT, because the engine is not new. I bet those will change soon too. I could bet cash money the new S6 will be the same S4 drivetrain but with a higher state of tune. Hope I'm wrong, but really doubt it. With all the losses due to the dieselgate fiasco, the VW group has to save some money. Think about it. Doesn't make sense to have a different drivetrain on the same platform anymore. If I'm not mistaken, the S8 doesn't have a DCT anymore either. It's an incredible transmission, and finally pretty much bullet-proof. That and the V8 was the reason that pulled me into the S6, even though it's heavier and larger than the S4. Oh, and the sport air suspension as well, plus the awesome interior. The only thing I really miss from the S4 is the awesome B&O 3D stereo, but can't have everything. Ha ha.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Everything you note, plus getting what is likely the last V8 is exactly why I have wanted an S6 for a while. I officially ordered mine on 12/27/17. Since I couldn't do Audi Exclusive, I went with Tornado Grey Metallic, black interior with layered wood/aluminum inlays, comfort seating package, cold weather package, Audi beam rings, rear side airbags. Did not get the prestige package because I didn't want the heads up display (but would have loved to have the power trunk). Debated on adding the driver assistance package and power rear/manual side shade but ultimately decided not to. Scheduled delivery is mid-May 2018, and it can't come soon enough. I should have the last one to come through the dealer I purchased through. Thanks for your post.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TYP4GS
Everything you note, plus getting what is likely the last V8 is exactly why I have wanted an S6 for a while. I officially ordered mine on 12/27/17. Since I couldn't do Audi Exclusive, I went with Tornado Grey Metallic, black interior with layered wood/aluminum inlays, comfort seating package, cold weather package, Audi beam rings, rear side airbags. Did not get the prestige package because I didn't want the heads up display (but would have loved to have the power trunk). Debated on adding the driver assistance package and power rear/manual side shade but ultimately decided not to. Scheduled delivery is mid-May 2018, and it can't come soon enough. I should have the last one to come through the dealer I purchased through. Thanks for your post.
Also got the S-Sport Package.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Too expensive. Notice the new S4s have a regular auto-8 already. And the A4s still the DCT, because the engine is not new. I bet those will change soon too. I could bet cash money the new S6 will be the same S4 drivetrain but with a higher state of tune. Hope I'm wrong, but really doubt it. With all the losses due to the dieselgate fiasco, the VW group has to save some money. Think about it. Doesn't make sense to have a different drivetrain on the same platform anymore. If I'm not mistaken, the S8 doesn't have a DCT anymore either. It's an incredible transmission, and finally pretty much bullet-proof. That and the V8 was the reason that pulled me into the S6, even though it's heavier and larger than the S4. Oh, and the sport air suspension as well, plus the awesome interior. The only thing I really miss from the S4 is the awesome B&O 3D stereo, but can't have everything. Ha ha.
The new S6 is expected to have the Audi 2.9L twin turbo V6 which is also found in the Panamera 4S and the new RS5. This is a great engine, and I would definitely prefer it to the V8 (for the lighter weight if nothing else). You can bet that the new S6 will perform and handle better, not worse, than the current S6. I also prefer the ZF8 transmission to the DCT, so won't miss the DCT. The DCT has no real advantages, it can be clunkier at low speeds, and it isn't as durable.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYP4GS
Also got the S-Sport Package.
Good choices! Here's what your car should look like (Tornado Gray, sport package, no black optic):

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-...ay-s6-2923140/

Quick Reply: Ordering 2018 Audi Exclusive S6