S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Phone Driver version, incompatibility with iPhone Xs

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone Driver version, incompatibility with iPhone Xs

I have been fighting with the new iPhone Xs since it was released in my 2016 S6 where I will get one way audio. I can hear the call through the bluetooth and MMI but they can't hear me. I had the dealer look at the MMI, no luck from them, and finally got Apple to replace the phone, but on my 2nd phone call on the new phone same thing. Phone was setup as new so it's got to be something with MMI/bluetooth.

The phone driver in my car is 14.41.1

Is anyone else seeing this issue, or know what the latest phone driver is?
Old 03-20-2019, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chyates
I have been fighting with the new iPhone Xs since it was released in my 2016 S6 where I will get one way audio. I can hear the call through the bluetooth and MMI but they can't hear me. I had the dealer look at the MMI, no luck from them, and finally got Apple to replace the phone, but on my 2nd phone call on the new phone same thing. Phone was setup as new so it's got to be something with MMI/bluetooth.

The phone driver in my car is 14.41.1

Is anyone else seeing this issue, or know what the latest phone driver is?
I have the same issue intermittently as well. I think it is another app interfering with the bluetooth connection. I have Waze connected to bluetooth all the time and it occasionally has glitches with the connection. When I get a oneway connection, I press source on the phone, change it to iPhone speaker and quickly back to MMI and that resets the link so I can talk thru the car.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

changing the source sometimes fixes it, but most of the time it does not. Many times I will have to reboot the phone to get it to work again or turn bluetooth on and off.

I don't have any other app using the bluetooth either, when coming home from apple last night the phone was setup as new so I didn't even have any of my apps installed just brand new phone connected via bluetooth and I saw the issue.

Do you know what phone driver your MMI is using?
Old 03-20-2019, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm having exactly the same issue. Got the new IPhone Xs in mid December. Used it with my 2014 A4 with no issues. Bought a certified 2016 A6 3.0 Prestige in December. The phone works on speaker for approx 2 minutes and then switches to one-way audio. Very hard to tell if it's the phone, another app or the car. It sounds like you have ruled out the phone by replacing it? Could be something in the phone settings, car settings or a software bug in the car software. The car has phone driver 14.41.1. Talked to Apple. They think it might be the phone driver in the car.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Weird, my 2013 S6 works absolutely fine 100% of the time both phone and music/audio playing via bluetooth. XS MAX running iOS DEV 12.2 beta 6.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

I am running the XS Max with my 2015 without any issues
Old 03-28-2019, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I took the car to the dealer and they checked for software updates. The phone driver installed is the most recent. Ironically, yesterday I did an iPhone update to 12.2 and it appears that the issue has gone away.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, same issues here. iPhone Xs Max Bluetooth connected to C7.5 and callers can’t hear me half of the time. I have iOS 12.1.4 so will check again and report back after update to 12.2.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2016 S6 and an iPhone Xs as well. It seems that if I am not using Google Maps, the phone connection is flawless. If I am using Maps, the other person can't hear me. It's intermittent; phone call usually initiates just fine but then suddenly it drops.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Same with me, 2016 A6, caller can hear me, I try again, maybe it will work for awhile then a click click sound and they are gone. Had Apple replace my XSMax, no difference. Audi has no clue, looks like I will just get a new car!

Quick Reply: Phone Driver version, incompatibility with iPhone Xs