S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Question:

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question:

When you hit the "panic" button on the FOB what happens?
Old 11-03-2017, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Turbo boost button
Old 11-04-2017, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The Yeoman
Turbo boost button
Haha!
Old 11-04-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

One day, when returning to the car after lunch with my wife, I wondered the same thing. I pressed the "Panic" button. The lights flashed and a "beep - beep - beep" sound came from the cowl on the passenger side. It sounded like a truck backing up but it had a quicker cadence. Hitting the "unlock" button shuts it off. It would draw some attention to the car but nothing major. My wife was not amused. Maybe I should have told her before hitting the button.

The alarm box is under the HVAC air inlet in the cowl. It has "Ni-MH" and a recycling triangle on it so it must have rechargeable batteries to sound the alarm if the main battery is disconnected. It's shown at the bottom of this picture.
Attached Thumbnails Question:-ah-5-.jpg  

Last edited by tenspeed; 11-05-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
One day, when returning to the car after lunch with my wife, I wondered the same thing. I pressed the "Panic" button. The lights flashed and a "beep - beep - beep" sound came from the cowl on the passenger side. It sounded like a truck backing up but it had a quicker cadence. Hitting the "unlock" button shuts it off. It would draw some attention to the car but nothing major. My wife was not amused. Maybe I should have told her before hitting the button.

The alarm box is under the HVAC air inlet in the cowl. It has "Ni-MH" and a recycling triangle on it so it must have rechargeable batteries to sound the alarm it the main battery is disconnected. It's shown at the bottom of this picture.
Wow, Thanks Tenspeed. I was asking because I was wondering the same thing myself, I've hit the button before and it does the same thing; the lights flash quickly, and there's a beeping noise, the beeping is not loud enough to get attention of anyone really.
The reason I also ask is I am curious if there's a glass break, or a door break in attempt I'm wondering if there's any sort of loud alarm that rings out to attract attention. I think that my "lock-chirp" is dying or something. When I hit the lock button I cant hear the once, noticeably loud chirp that indicates that the car is locked and the alarm is armed. There is still a slight dim-level chirp, but I cant hear it as I'm getting to be 25+ feet away from the car, I have to turn around and actually look at the lights and the mirrors folding to reassure me that my car has been locked and the alarm is armed.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is there a setting for the volume? I don't recall my 2018 making any noise. Or if it does, it's so lame I don't hear it. Will check if it sounds, but it needs to be louder. Remember thinking Audis have the best alarm chirp sound, and this car doesn't make it. Didn't see any setting about that. And disappointingly, neither to disable auto-lock. Oh well.