S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Removing rear seat belts

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Removing rear seat belts

I have been looking for any information on how to remove the rear seat belts, including the center rear, in an A6/S6 and am not having any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I guess I should ask if I actually need to remove them. The car had the driver side airbag deploy and I'm reading Airbag codes with my scan tool that all three rear seat belts have high resistance. The two outside ones were locked but after I unbolted the bottom bolt they freed up and are working fine now unlike the front driver side which is locked completely. Can a VCDS tool clear the codes from the rear seat belts?
Old 03-27-2019, 08:06 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

I thought the seat belt had explosive tensioners. If your airbag went of then it is possible the tensioner went off too and would have to be replaced.

Quick search didn't find an Audi example but here it is part "D" in this Volvo.

https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-...t-photo-57342/

I am for sure positive the S6 has them in the front, I am not sure about the back but I don't see why it would not have them there as well.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm sure they do but in my experience, at least with front ones which I've replaced on several cars, when they go off they don't release. They stay locked. That's the only thing confusing to me.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@wheelsup69 Have you had any luck with removing the seatbelts including the rear center one? I need to replace mine in my car as well, any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kverenich12
@wheelsup69 Have you had any luck with removing the seatbelts including the rear center one? I need to replace mine in my car as well, any help would be appreciated.
I haven't attempted it yet. Probably will do it over the winter. Mine function just fine. I just have the airbag light on which I know may mean that the airbags won't deploy in an accident so I do need to do it. Let me know if you get anywhere with it. I know I have codes about the igniters for those belts as well as the one on the battery.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did your ever get around to replacing the belts. I have the same the codes still after replacing all belts. The front belts and airbag codes cleared but all three rear still the same after trying with brand new belt.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

We just finished installing them on another A6 we are re-building. We removed the original ones, sent them in for repair at MyAirbags.com. Should know in the next week if the code is gone. Have you tried clearing the codes and see if they show back up. If the airbag light is off it is probably cleared.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aolo1245
Did your ever get around to replacing the belts. I have the same the codes still after replacing all belts. The front belts and airbag codes cleared but all three rear still the same after trying with brand new belt.
you said you replaced all the seat belts does the include the back middle seatbelt? I’m trying to remove it and don’t have any luck finding any information to remove it
Old 03-22-2021, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gojohnny167
you said you replaced all the seat belts does the include the back middle seatbelt? I’m trying to remove it and don’t have any luck finding any information to remove it
We replaced the middle rear one. You remove the seat from the car, then remove the plastic surround in the middle, then loosen the rear fabric by prying away the trim that surrounds the outside back of the seat. you can then get to the belt inside the seat.

Quick Reply: Removing rear seat belts