S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

New To the Forum, taking delivery of my S6 tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To the Forum, taking delivery of my S6 tomorrow!

Wanted to introduce myself. My name's patrick and i'm picking up my 2014 black metallic pearl S6 tomorrow and i'm beyond excited. Looking for any tips and tricks. I've combed thru the forum, other forums, youtubes. Just like to hear it from other owners.

I'm interested in an exhaust and chip, but think i'm going to enjoy it in it's stock form for a while. As nice as the exhaust's sound, i think staying stealthy is nice too. Was thinking of running a chip with the stock exhaust and wanted to hear what peoples thoughts were.

I'll post up some pics after I unglue myself from her sometime soon!
Old 07-31-2014, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome and welcome to the S6 club. Where are you located?

And before you go the chip route, be sure you understand the ramifications and the potential for warranty issues if something were to break.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was going to do all of that but then I bought a house and started remodeling it. I'm enjoying the car more now that I'm not thinking about mods all the time, lol.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick Gaeta
Wanted to introduce myself. My name's patrick and i'm picking up my 2014 black metallic pearl S6 tomorrow and i'm beyond excited. Looking for any tips and tricks. I've combed thru the forum, other forums, youtubes. Just like to hear it from other owners.

I'm interested in an exhaust and chip, but think i'm going to enjoy it in it's stock form for a while. As nice as the exhaust's sound, i think staying stealthy is nice too. Was thinking of running a chip with the stock exhaust and wanted to hear what peoples thoughts were.

I just got a '15 S6 and there is a setting for exhaust sound in the drive select; I'm not sure whether it is a setting in the '14. I didn't realize there was an adjustment and was pleasantly surprised. It isn't super loud like an aftermarket sports exhaust but frankly I'm not that interested in one. Previously I had a Cayman S and I bought a Borla system for it and while it was much louder than the stock, the drone was almost unbearable. I would suggest sticking with stock and see how you like it. Same goes for chipping - besides potential warranty issues, I think you'll find it pretty damn fast. It DOES suck the gas down, so if you drive aggressively regularly, be prepared to pay.
Z
Old 07-31-2014, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
I just got a '15 S6 and there is a setting for exhaust sound in the drive select; I'm not sure whether it is a setting in the '14.
It is a feature on the '14, and it's inside the car only through the stereo or vents or something. Outside it sounds the same or doesn't make any sound at all.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Patrick Gaeta

Welcome to the club, you're going to love the S6. Like owning a missile that rides like a limo.

The S6 doesn't need a chip, just a tune download. There are lots of discussion threads about tuning in the group you should read. The consensus is that tuning REALLY makes an improvement but will probably result in Audi voiding engine / drive-train warranty when it is detected in coming services. Read up and understand what you're getting and what you're giving up.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Exhaust is one of the best mods I've ever made to the car... I would do it on day one if I wa sbuying a new audi.

Stock:

AWE (Just installed when I recorded this, takes about 1,000 to break in the exhaust at which point it gets deeper and throatier)

It makes tunnels a lot of fun...

And the glorious sound of a cold start...

The exhaust doesn't really kill the "stealthy" part of the car because the only time you'll hear it is when you really get on it or reach for the paddles and downshift...

I would also consider getting a clear bra on the full front of the car. Rock chips will make you sad and a full frontal clear bra will run you about $1900.

Last edited by Xtek; 08-01-2014 at 06:41 AM.