S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Sports Differential System Fault

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 12:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports Differential System Fault

Hi guys, there is a big problems with my 2013 S6. I had these error pop up in yellow after I used water blaster to wash my car. I tried re-start my car and all of them gone, but when I drove like 10 meters they came up again. Had tried couple times but same results. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Did I wash my car too hard? Thanks

Old 04-23-2018, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you use the spray washer under the hood of the car? If so, you probably got some of the electronics and/or connectors wet. You'll have to go in a dry them all, in turn, until you stumble upon the offending party. Might need to add some dielectric grease.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Did you use the spray washer under the hood of the car? If so, you probably got some of the electronics and/or connectors wet. You'll have to go in a dry them all, in turn, until you stumble upon the offending party. Might need to add some dielectric grease.
Hi mate, thanks for your help and I just got some message from my machinist today. There is no feedback from my front left wheel suspension and all the problems duo to ABS system. Probably I wash my wheels too "hard" and I damaged the ABS computer or the wires got wet. He also has no idea right now, will check all the wires one by one tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem alk lights turn on!! plus Turbo shutsdown - but after driving it for a while it gets back to normal.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

A commercial washer shouldn't do any of that if you didn't spray the engine compartment. I've sprayed all around the brakes from inside the wheels, and all around the tire inside the fender with the gun at full blast, and no errors... at least yet. He he. The other problem with Audi is you get a ton of unrelated faults, so you need to get all codes and try to guess what the heck 'failed', causing all the other codes. Really frustrating. Having said that, let's analize your faults: ESC, air suspension, sport differential, and start/stop. The only fault that makes sense to trigger the other 3 is the air suspension, so that's probably your only issue. Once you fix that, all others should clear. I messed up an air suspension lowering job, and got all of those faults plus a few more, like headlight range, adaptive cruise, etc. When dealer recoded the suspension module, all other codes cleared, as expected. Good luck.

Last edited by elp_jc; 06-03-2018 at 09:08 PM.