S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Would you pull the trigger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you pull the trigger?

Hi everyone,
I am curious to how you guys would feel about an offer I received today on a 2018 S6 Prestige. I have been looking for a while now and really want to get the car before they get stupid and change it to a V6, so I have been shopping around. I found a Glacier White one, with pretty much all the options I would want and the MSRP is $88k, however Audi is offering a 8% discount and on top of that another 5k if I finance outside of Audi (I have never seen that before, kind of weird if you ask me). So I would actually be able to get the car at $75k before taxes and fees, do you guys think that is a fair or even good deal? I would have to fly over to Portland from Seattle to pick it up, not a huge deal, but I was really hoping to get your guys' opinion on this, thank you.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
Hi everyone,
I am curious to how you guys would feel about an offer I received today on a 2018 S6 Prestige. I have been looking for a while now and really want to get the car before they get stupid and change it to a V6, so I have been shopping around. I found a Glacier White one, with pretty much all the options I would want and the MSRP is $88k, however Audi is offering a 8% discount and on top of that another 5k if I finance outside of Audi (I have never seen that before, kind of weird if you ask me). So I would actually be able to get the car at $75k before taxes and fees, do you guys think that is a fair or even good deal? I would have to fly over to Portland from Seattle to pick it up, not a huge deal, but I was really hoping to get your guys' opinion on this, thank you.
5K if you finance outside of Audi? You mean if you finance with Audi Financial Services I know there was some finance cash last month (April) I'm not sure about May.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a sweet deal to me.... I'd imagine there is less fluff on an S model than there is on an A model .... I got my S6 last month.... it had an 82K sticker, picked it up for 73K... make sure you're preferring more luxury to sport though... I am thinking its not as agile as I'd have liked it to be and am now contemplating an S5 SB instead....though the 8cyl is really nice.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
5K if you finance outside of Audi? You mean if you finance with Audi Financial Services I know there was some finance cash last month (April) I'm not sure about May.
He is correct (needs outside financing) but is not stackable with loyalty or other AFS programs.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
He is correct (needs outside financing) but is not stackable with loyalty or other AFS programs.
Why would Audi offer 5K for outside financing.... I'm confused.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Damn good deal! I’ve been trying and I can’t even get 6% off a lease!
Old 05-07-2018, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by heynowbababooey
Damn good deal! I’ve been trying and I can’t even get 6% off a lease!
If that is is indeed the deal -8% off MSRP and -$5,000 for outside financing, then yes that a good deal on it's face. But I'd need more info because Chrysler the king of rebates don't even give that kind of money off vehicles. There's got to be a catch?
Old 05-07-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got my 2018 S6 Prestige at invoice, with an additional 1K discount for financing with Audi financial services.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

non AFS discount on an 18 S6 is $2500 in the Northeast; AFS discount (purchase or lease) is $2000. But these discounts can be regional
Old 05-08-2018, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
non AFS discount on an 18 S6 is $2500 in the Northeast; AFS discount (purchase or lease) is $2000. But these discounts can be regional
Yea that sounds more in line with normalcy. I've never heard of a $5000 rebate for bringing in your own financing, That simply is just not accurate information.

Quick Reply: Would you pull the trigger?