S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2013 Quartz Grey S7 delivered (photos)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 10:17 PM
2013 Audi S7 owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few more...the interior and the engine bay both coated with Gtechniq EXO as well, the view in through the 40% 3M Crystalline Tint, and lastly, I clayed/polished my mother's Acura MDX with all Zaino products - a color similar to the Audi Daytona Grey.
Attached Images      

Last edited by RandyChicago; 05-04-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 PM
2013 Audi S7 owner

Lastly, two photos I took on the rooftop parking deck of the gym I workout at (just using the iPhone4S camera), and then two more iPhone 4S photos of the car being rained on for the first time.

Randy
Attached Images     
Old 05-28-2013, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Coast to avoid dusting?

You coast to avoid brake dust on your wheels? Really? I'm waiting for my S7 to show up in the next couple of months and I guarantee I won't coast to avoid brake dust. I'll drive the sh*t out of it...which is why I bought an S7, and not an A7.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:10 PM
2013 Audi S7 owner

Originally Posted by bikerboy
You coast to avoid brake dust on your wheels? Really? I'm waiting for my S7 to show up in the next couple of months and I guarantee I won't coast to avoid brake dust. I'll drive the sh*t out of it...which is why I bought an S7, and not an A7.
I always enjoy my cars, and I wring them out from time-to-time, but when I can avoid getting them dirtier than need be, I sometimes baby them. There are multiple threads here on the S7/S6/A7/A6 forums regarding brake dust, so I know I'm not the only one that is concerned with the issue. To each their own. However, the fact that your second post in almost six months is the above comment doesn't tell me you have a lot to contribute to this community.

Randy
Old 05-30-2013, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Nice car, nice pics, nice video. I especially liked the rotation of the filter. Surprised it didn't seem to have any effect on the hood's reflection.

The onliest thing (as Festus says) that bothers me, how do you sleep at night with a car you so lovingly detail sitting outside? (If I understood correctly you "only have a parking spot" at your condo)? I have only recently got over my NEED to keep my cars in the garage EVERY NIGHT. That having been said, my Passat has aged more in the last month (outside) than in the first ten years of ownership (garaged)!!

Strange that spell-check didn't flag "Onliest".

P.S., your dealer must love you guys, with two new Audis in the family!

P.P.S., That Acura is butt ugly. No offense. Q5. Jus' sayin'...
Old 05-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default :)

Nice Duo 7's..His and Hers I assume...
Old 05-31-2013, 09:39 AM
2013 Audi S7 owner

Default parking

I should have clarified - I have an indoor, heated/cooled garage parking space, but that's it; no room for storage or washing/detailing the car. I too am a stickler for keeping my car parked indoors as much as possible. The sap/pollen dropping from trees during this time of year is horrible for the paint (not to mention how filmy it makes your glass).

The other post's question, whether "his and hers" - nope, that was just my S7 parked in my parents' garage at the time, next to my father's A7 (which he bought used [7,000 miles on it] three months after I ordered my S7).

Randy
Old 06-11-2013, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RandyChicago
I always enjoy my cars, and I wring them out from time-to-time, but when I can avoid getting them dirtier than need be, I sometimes baby them. There are multiple threads here on the S7/S6/A7/A6 forums regarding brake dust, so I know I'm not the only one that is concerned with the issue. To each their own. However, the fact that your second post in almost six months is the above comment doesn't tell me you have a lot to contribute to this community.

Randy
Waiting on my S7. When it arrives, I'll be sure to discuss performance issues on this forum. We'll leave the cleaning and waxing issues to you.

As for my contributions to this forum....My current vehicle is a BMW 550 ix Dinan stage 2 tune with 505 hp .I have owned and tracked over the years a BMW 2002 dedicated track car. A Porsche 914-6 (purchased from a well known Porsche fanatic who had it custom built when new by Porsche factory.) This was a dedicated track car. I have also tracked many times my old 911 turbo and a Panterra that I owned for a short while and sold for a very solid profit.

I have tracked my cars at Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, Gingerman, Road America, and Michigan International Speedway.

So, once I finally get my hands on my new S7 I feel I will be able to contribute to this community in a way that an owner of a "garage queen" simply can't.

Enough said.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 PM
2013 Audi S7 owner

Waiting on my S7. When it arrives, I'll be sure to discuss performance issues on this forum. We'll leave the cleaning and waxing issues to you.
My current vehicle is a BMW 550 ix Dinan stage 2 tune with 505 hp .I have owned and tracked over the years a BMW 2002 dedicated track car. A Porsche 914-6 (purchased from a well known Porsche fanatic who had it custom built when new by Porsche factory.) This was a dedicated track car. I have also tracked many times my old 911 turbo and a Panterra that I owned for a short while and sold for a very solid profit.
I have tracked my cars at Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, Gingerman, Road America, and Michigan International Speedway.
So, once I finally get my hands on my new S7 I feel I will be able to contribute to this community in a way that an owner of a "garage queen" simply can't.

Enough said.
I couldn't care less about your vehicle history, your track experiences, or what you sold your Pantera for, but if you want to think they make you a big man, you're free to bolster your ego in any way you choose. I've put nearly 3000 miles on my car in two months of ownership, so my S7 doesn't live up to your title of "garage queen." I didn't buy my S7 to track it, but simply to drive and enjoy it daily. I find that you criticizing me or any other forum member in a passive aggressive way for trying to keep their car clean is childish.

When I said "the fact that your second post in almost six months is the above comment doesn't tell me you have a lot to contribute to this community" my point was that you were negative, in your second posting ever, and now in your third posting, you're even more negative. This is a great forum, a wonderful place to gain knowledge about the vehicles we all like so much we spent thousands of dollars to purchase, and while shared experiences and information are quite welcome here, your current attitude certainly does not add to the community.

Randy
Old 06-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In my fridge right now I currently have a bottle of evian, which was sold to me by a water distribution phanatic outside of a phillies game. He's been in the business of water for a while so it must be great water. It's a custom bottle as he filled it from the faucet in his kitchen himself. Paid $4 for it. Also, I have a bottle of dasani that just yesterday I used after a spirited run. I had a giant bottle of Fiji that I found to be especially rare and that I sold to a thirsty man for a pretty robust profit just last week.

I have drank from my water collection at pennypack park, the local gym, a phillies game, a flyers game, and an eagles game.

Once I get my long awaited imported voss water ill be sure to get on here to keep you apprised of my expert drinking and criticize the way you enjoy YOUR water.

I feel a lot better about myself after telling you all of this.

As for my contributions to this forum....My current vehicle is a BMW 550 ix Dinan stage 2 tune with 505 hp .I have owned and tracked over the years a BMW 2002 dedicated track car. A Porsche 914-6 (purchased from a well known Porsche fanatic who had it custom built when new by Porsche factory.) This was a dedicated track car. I have also tracked many times my old 911 turbo and a Panterra that I owned for a short while and sold for a very solid profit.

Enough said.

Quick Reply: 2013 Quartz Grey S7 delivered (photos)