S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2013 S7: How much value do rare options fetch when selling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 S7: How much value do rare options fetch when selling?

Hi, all. I'm thinking of selling my 2013 S7 with 49k miles, and I'm trying to determine accurate pricing, which is proving a bit difficult, because my vehicle has virtually every option that was available, and listed at over $97k. I'll try to upload the Monroney Label. When trying to find "comps," I find a few with the Innovation Package OR Comfort Seating, OR B&O Stereo, etc., but I have yet to find one that has it all, and I would think that the truly high-end buyer would appreciate the fully-loaded technology. Thoughts?

(The Monroney Label is attached below)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Window Sticker.pdf (1.60 MB, 126 views)
Old 06-30-2017, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I find that you never get that much back for the options that you put in the car. Market price is not driven by the options but by the base car , miles and condition.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Under normal circumstances I would totally agree with you. However, I have found that the one-off, more rare, models like the S7 versus the A7, definitely benefit from options due to a more limited and more distinctive buyer. It is an entirely different subset of buyer that shops for the S7 instead of the more generic A7. If it were a Honda Prelude, I would totally agree with you. In short, I would argue that the more premium the vehicle, the more the options matter, because high-end buyers have a different mindset.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Go to Edmunds.com and enter all your accessories. It gives the value of the car and a breakdown of the options value.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with the poster above. You don't get all your money out of options. I have sold two fully loaded cars recently and I sounded just like you. Bottom line you don't get a big premium for the full boat.

I wanted more for the Audi but couldn't find a buyer who appreciated all the options.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems also that you're at the cusp of factory warranty end. Unless you have some type of warranty extension, buyers will be a bit reluctant. They would rather pick up an expensive to maintain and repair car like any "S"/"RS" at a dealer as a CPO.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lmariorod
Seems also that you're at the cusp of factory warranty end. Unless you have some type of warranty extension, buyers will be a bit reluctant. They would rather pick up an expensive to maintain and repair car like any "S"/"RS" at a dealer as a CPO.
Yeah, I wondered how big a deal the warranty would be be. All good points.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 on what XLR8R said above about rare models like the S7. Only people who appreciate what the S7 is all about will be interested in it. And, they are few. But, they will understand the value of a fully optioned car better than your regular mainstream model.

The key to get the best price from a sale is to wait patiently for the perfect customer who is looking at your particular car including option and colors. There will be a lot of dead-beat inquiries but just be patient and you'll land the perfect customer. Do not give in to impatience and impulse. If you priced your car properly, you'll be able to defend your selling price to a prospective buyer. Of course, everyone loves a discount so set the selling price a few thousand dollars over your real selling price. When someone starts haggling, do not give in immediately until you know he or she is really serious in buying your car. If she buys it without much haggling then well and good.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Kelly Blue book shows a value of $39-$43K at that mileage, fully optioned out in a private sale. Trade in value would be less.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Kelly Blue book shows a value of $39-$43K at that mileage, fully optioned out in a private sale. Trade in value would be less.
KBB also misses several of the options. I have been offered $40k in trade from a Porsche dealer on an already below-market Tesla P85D. Considering the price on the Tesla ($80k), which is also heavily optioned, I'd say it is actually pretty fair. The only reason I would ever consider the trade is because my sales tax when registering is 9.1%, so it saves about $3700. Meaning, I'd have to sell for over $43,700, privately, to come out ahead. That said, I think the car is worth about $46k to the right buyer.

Quick Reply: 2013 S7: How much value do rare options fetch when selling?