S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2015 S7 Sunroof stuck open

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 S7 Sunroof stuck open

I went out last night with my wife and while we were driving down the road I opened the sunroof. It opened all the way however it will not close. There is no noise when I try and pull / push the lever to have it move in either direction. I have checked the fuse for the sunroof and it is in working order. I have also disconnected the battery for 10+ minutes and reconnected it to no avail. So it is parked in my garage with the sunroof stuck open. I have a full warranty with Audi that covers electronics but I was hoping to try and self diagnose this so I did not have to take time bringing it into the dealership. I do not see anything blocking the sunroof's track either.

I think the part that is really frustrating is I spent 3 hours detailing my S7 yesterday prior to taking it out for my birthday, but C'est la vie.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Like I said I'm calling the dealership tomorrow since it should be covered under warranty, but would love to fix it today if possible.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

CLOSED THE DAMN THING!

I took the valet key out and put it in the drivers door, turned and held it. It rolled the windows down brought the sunroof closed, and then flipped it up a bit. I had to play with the position but was able to get that stupid thing to be closed and secure and then went into the car and rolled the windows up with the door. The sunroof lever does not work so I will have to get that fixed by the Audi warranty but at least the sunroof is closed. Hopefully this helps anyone who has this issue in the future. I was looking for a manual crank some older models have but that apparently does not exist in the 2015 S7. Time for a coffee and cigar.

Last edited by HelicopterJones; 07-29-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds like you have the VCDS / windows down mod.

I would not have thought of using the valet key. I have that mod but did not know it worked with the door key. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Sounds like you have the VCDS / windows down mod.

I would not have thought of using the valet key. I have that mod but did not know it worked with the door key. Thanks for the update.
It definitely worked out well. I didn’t know it worked like that either but figured I would try it as a last resort just to get it closed.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I dropped the car off at Audi in North Houston for a diagnostics check and it was the motor for the sunroof. The repair was completely covered by my full warranty so no money out of pocket whatsoever and I even got to try out the 2019 Q5 as a loaner vehicle over night. Not a bad mid sized SUV at all.