S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Audi Recall PODS (74D5)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Recall PODS (74D5)

Any word on when repair will be available?
Old 08-18-2018, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default No PODS solution yet.

Just brought my vehicle in to the dealer as mine is malfunctioning and not identifying the passenger. The dealer indicated they only have the old PODS parts and Audi hasn't provided a fix or new parts yet. So I am driving an unsafe vehicle right now. My VIN no longer shows up as recalled vehicle on the Audi website, so I hope that doesn't create a problem I have to fight.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm guessing if it was on the list before, it's still recalled. I'm still waiting to take delivery of a 2018 S7. Two days after I agreed to the deal, Audi put out a stop sale. No one can tell me when the fix will be available.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What a colossal headache. I've got an S7 I bought sitting on the car lot for the past two months with no end in sight.
The price is dropping monthly on a side addendum but nobody and I mean NOBODY has any idea when this is
going to be fixed, no idea exactly HOW to fix it, no commentary on when they can fix it or WHY with the best engineers
on the PLANET cannot fix this issue immediately. There is absolutely ZERO info anywhere on the web and calling Audi Control
Central gets you the sheepish sexy voice apologizing for the horrid delay and so sorry we have nothing further to offer.
Rumor Control says MEBBE this December, mebbe,...Ive never seen anything this ridiculous in my life and have no idea why these guys cannot seem to fix this issue and worse have NO IDEA when they can. I mean WTF is this going to take three, four years?!! Nobody knows.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

According to this: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...8V370-1548.PDF They came out with a fix in April.(Bottom of page 4). Not sure why it's taking so long for a release.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I guess if they decide they're not releasing anytime soon, I'll go with the 2019 RS5 Sportback. Fully loaded with exception to the Dynamic Plus package. BTW, how would we know if they actually changed the limiter from 155 to 174? (Outside of going to the track)
Old 09-09-2018, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Still no word on a date for release or even when a fix will be available. Now I'm starting to look outside the parameters of Audi. I do like the S7, but I'm not so sure I want to continue to wait without a specified date.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

This situation reminds me a lot of when I had my Q7 TDI and we waited forever for a fix; during that waiting period we were held hostage to our cars as we could not trade them in for a decent amount since no one knew what, and if, the fix would entail. Audi really needs to step things up, customers should not be held hostage because of Audi's delays in fixing issues.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I heard the same from Audi. They can't take any trades on the recalled cars. As much as this is irritating to us, it must be really bad for Audi. Most of their higher end line can't be moved.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by BadApple
I heard the same from Audi. They can't take any trades on the recalled cars. As much as this is irritating to us, it must be really bad for Audi. Most of their higher end line can't be moved.
while it stinks there isn’t a ton of inventory left...especially considering these are all the slow moving cars in the first place. Sales remain up year over year without these cars being moved. The dealer is who it sucks the most for.

While frustrating, it’s not Audi’s issue to “solve”. They don’t make the sensor to begin with. It’s a supplier issue at the end of the day.

Quick Reply: Audi Recall PODS (74D5)