S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Help for Newbie on cusp of buying '18 S7

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for Newbie on cusp of buying '18 S7

Hi - I've been doing lots of research and have narrowed down my choice to a 2018 S7 Prestige and almost all of the builds that I have found vary in one way or another - all seem to have Driver Assistance, and almost all have 21" wheels. I might be an idiot, but I have a very hard time getting info on the options packages from the Audi website, and even if I could, I'd welcome your input. My questions are as follows:
  • Very few have the Comfort Seating option, and after having it in my current car (2011 Jag XF-SC) in the South, I have a hard time not wanting this again. Who has this and loves it, and who didn't get it and wishes they had?
  • Only a few have the S Sport packages. Do you like it? I'm not a guy who will race or go crazy on mountain roads, so I expect this is an overkill item - for me.
  • I won't be getting this, and not too important for comments, but am I missing something on why the Alcatara headliner is a $3k option?
FWIW, all of the quotes I'm getting are below MSRP, and many are below invoice. Any price info you are willing to share would be most appreciated!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

1. The sport seats have slightly higher bolsters, so if you're a larger guy, they might be a touch constraining. The comfort seats offer ventilation (in addition to heating) and a massage function. Otherwise the comfort of the seats is equivalent, IMO.

2. The main win of the S Sport package for most people is the switchable exhaust note, as the standard S7 exhaust is considered too quiet by many.

3. Nobody knows.

Last edited by Dramsey; 05-12-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dramsey
1. The sport seats have slightly higher bolsters, so if you're a larger guy, they might be a touch constraining. The comfort seats offer ventilation (in addition to heating) and a message function. Otherwise the comfort of the seats is equivalent, IMO.

2. The main win of the S Sport package for most people is the switchable exhaust note, as the standard S7 exhaust is considered too quiet by many.

3. Nobody knows.
Thank you! I ended up buying a 2016 RS7 - with comfort seats.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have my second S7. This one with the
Sport Pkg. This transformed the car. Great exhaust sound! VGR steering is fantastic on the Freeway. Has limited slip diff. which doesn't matter to me. Incidentally I have a custom color. I call Syrah with metal flake. Black package and Sport Seats, HUD, etc.