S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 Burger Motorsports Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default S7 Burger Motorsports Tune

Hello everyone. I'm a 20 year member here since 1998. I've always recieved great advice and everyone on here has been very cool. I have been on a bit of a hiatus but recently purchased a new C7 S6 and love it. I'm a tuner and also a beta tester for Burger Motorsports, a staple in the BMW world of high performance tuning and racing. But lately showing Audi/Porsche/VW AG. some love. The main tune being the JB4 is a great stand alone unit that removes easily and has no trace on the ECU, so no instant voids of a warranty if you visit the dealership or have warranty work. But mainly it hauls! In our 2019 TTRS, it's all stock except for 3 gallons of E85 and the rest 91 and it is already in the mid 10's in the 1/4 mile. Down almost 1 full second. Our 2018 S4 has gone from 13.2 to 12.3 and working on a larger turbo tune with a flash.
The S6/S7 is so fast even stock as you all know, having 2 dual scroll turbo's and a V8 is a good platform! Stock I was able to pull off a best 1/4mile at 12.4 sec. @ 111 MPH. With the JB4 tune on there on a mild map, it actually performed better then expected. I was looking for smoothness, and boost with fuel rail pressure to all be correct and the results were a little bit surprising. It ran an 11.96 @ 116 MPH. Quite a gain over stock. In a race it's over a full carlength. This tune is still weeks away from being ready but pretty exciting. Not much out there like this for our engines. It will be E85 compatible and have multiple maps, with fuel rail pressure connections to make sure everything is safe fuel wise and not running to rich or lean. It's not just piggyback boost manipulator. I can't wait to get the Vorsteiner FF103's on there. They are the lightest 20 inch wheels I could find, thanks to the forum! I'm attaching some pics of the car, tune, and JB4. If you have any questions let me know. I also have the Dragy result. This will work on the S6/S7 RS6/RS7 and A8 4.0T when its finally out. There will be an area to specify so we can load the specific firmware.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe they've now got a Kia Stinger tune that gets those into the 11's as well. They seem to know their stuff and are doing rather well for a piggy back solution.

Best,
Old 02-18-2019, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes the Kia Stinger is a rocket ship. I had it for a week, and it shoves you in the back when gunning it. I'm not sure about 11's yet but it's close. 11 seconds is rarified air. It is definitely down to the low 12 second range. The JB4's are more of a stand-alone type piggyback, since they are isolated and do full control regardless of what the ECU is doing. Back in 2013 they started the ISO versions as an option, now all are ISO (isolated) and take full control. Not an added option. So the performance is better and smoother then the typical piggyback that has boost and throttle surges. This is why the times are getting so much better. I'm just happy to be able to share the good news about the EA82 4.0T motors having a tune being developed.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Audifan1021
Yes the Kia Stinger is a rocket ship. I had it for a week, and it shoves you in the back when gunning it. I'm not sure about 11's yet but it's close. 11 seconds is rarified air. It is definitely down to the low 12 second range. The JB4's are more of a stand-alone type piggyback, since they are isolated and do full control regardless of what the ECU is doing. Back in 2013 they started the ISO versions as an option, now all are ISO (isolated) and take full control. Not an added option. So the performance is better and smoother then the typical piggyback that has boost and throttle surges. This is why the times are getting so much better. I'm just happy to be able to share the good news about the EA82 4.0T motors having a tune being developed.
3 of the top 5 tunes listed here are using the JB4. All are in the 11's.

https://stingerforum.org/threads/kia...s.6585/page-92

I'd thought about buying one since it had AWD, most of the creature comforts I wanted, and bears a resemblance to the A7/RS7. But I decided that if I was going to be spending any effort tuning, I'd rather have the result be in the mid 10's rather than the high 11's.

Best,

Last edited by Ritz; 02-18-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-18-2019, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wow that is impressive! It was a bullet when I drove it. I never knew they were that fast. I only drive map 1. That map must be a more aggressive one, although map 1 felt like a monster. I know on the S6 I ran an 11.92 on initial light boost testing. It is very smooth like a jet. I should get the time down a bit I'm sure. Thank you for the link I appreciate that. I almost bought the Genesis G70 but was tired of waiting for it. And love the S6. Different animal.