AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s7-197/)
-   -   S7 delivery date. (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s7-197/s7-delivery-date-2829791/)

UberS5 08-02-2012 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ktm001 (Post 24330002)
Regardless of the manufacture date since this is a new car in NA it needs to be released. The RS5 was sitting on port for a month before it go delivered. Also insurance companies need to have the car in their system as well. Pains of buying a first car in the country.

The engine has already been certified for the US and specs for the car sent to various insurance companies. (my State Farm office has the info)

The RS5 has the same engine as the 2009 S5 (4.2 V8) so it does not need to be re-certified. Cars are checked at the port of entry and shipped to the dealer. A car could come into a port and be delivered in 10 days or less if its close to the port. Like, Houston has a huge VW port, that includes all VW products. But there are 6-8 ports for cars to be delivered in the US. Audi tries to send to the closest port for your dealer, but it does not always happen. I was living in Dallas and my 2000 A6 was ported in GA. then trucked to Dallas. Also, the information is only updated when it leaves the port for the dealer. Then updated again when assigned to dealer inventory unless its pre-sold.
Pre-Sold cars are cars that were or are in the dealers allocation and the dealer did the ordering including options. Ordered cars are cars that are ordered by a person including all options and are not part of the dealers allocations. And there is Audi Exclusive orders: those are not part of ANY dealer allocations and are built ahead of all other orders. It works like this:
1st: Audi Exclusive
2nd: Pre-Sold or Ordered
3rd: Allocation/Dealer inventory

I drove a RS5 here in DC (it was a Euro version). I have a friend that works for Audi here in Herndon VA. He was over all A5 & S5 cars in the US. He is now in Germany...still get info from him.

Sorry if this is to much info. its not so simple, but I have been buying Audis since 1996. the last 4 have all been orders.
My 2009 S5 was supposed to be a 2008. But I waited to order and all of the 2008 were sold and I had to wait for a 2009. Glad I did as there were a few bugs w the 2008 that were not in the 2009. (wheel vibration).
I hope this helps. Been through this process many times. If you have questions, I'll try to help. ;)

Mohannad Rashed Al-Farhan 08-17-2012 11:38 PM

Mine will be delivered at the end of August (I'm in Kuwait)

ktm001 08-18-2012 06:39 PM

My car is on the boat confirmed today. Scheduled to arrive at port Halifax on August 23. Audi Canada has not yet released the car and Canadian insurance companies don't have the rates yet. Looks like mid September if I am lucky

clintb 08-18-2012 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by ktm001 (Post 24337198)
My car is on the boat confirmed today. Scheduled to arrive at port Halifax on August 23. Audi Canada has not yet released the car and Canadian insurance companies don't have the rates yet. Looks like mid September if I am lucky

Got same response from my dealer this morning

Expecting mid-Sept if Audi releases the cars

clintb 08-23-2012 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mcqueen (Post 24322669)
A general 'fall' time frame.

That said, I have a commission number, but no dates yet.

Dealer called me: S7 has arrived at port in Halifax.

Should be mid-Sept delivery

Kyn Prime 08-25-2012 11:47 PM

where i went to university... im also originally from nova scotia... huge car port there.... dad had car dealerships... we always used to drive over and see the latest from overseas.

Originally Posted by clintb (Post 24339358)
Dealer called me: S7 has arrived at port in Halifax.

Should be mid-Sept delivery

grogs4dogs 08-29-2012 04:52 AM

S7 delivery

I ordered my S7 in early March and have been told to expect a September 28 delivery (USA).

ktm001 08-29-2012 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by grogs4dogs (Post 24341415)
I ordered my S7 in early March and have been told to expect a September 28 delivery (USA).

First batch of cars have landed in north America just waiting for Audi to release them.
Typically US gets them first but in this case they may come out at the same time. At least I hope since I am in Canada.

grogs4dogs 08-29-2012 11:51 AM

THat is great news!

Mohannad Rashed Al-Farhan 09-03-2012 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mohannad Rashed Al-Farhan (Post 24336964)
Mine will be delivered at the end of August (I'm in Kuwait)

oooh they said it is in the first week of Sep