S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Is upgrading A7 to S7 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is upgrading A7 to S7 worth it?

Hi

I've had my A7 just over 3 years now, and within the next 6-12 months it's definitely time to get a new car. I love the A7, but I've recently started to wish it had a bit more power and more explosive acceleration. S7 has beefier specs, but is also a fair bit more expensive. Does anyone have experience with both A7 and S7, and is the upgrade worth it or should I look for something else?

Thanks,
-K
Old 02-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

If you can afford the S7, get it. You will not be sorry. It is dramatically more powerful than the A7, much more fun to drive.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:52 PM
RAF_S7

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I moved from the A7 to the S7 for exactly the reason you stated. Wanting more....

My A7 had a free flow air intake (Injen) and an AWE Quad Touring exhaust fitted. It purred when not being worked hard, but turned heads and growled when you stepped on the accelerator. The 3.0T supercharged engine delivers power pretty much instantly, but leaves you wanting more.

The S7 on the other hand shares the same body shape, but in terms of handling its completely different. The 4.0 is a twin turbo charged engine, and that comes with one downside when moving from the 3.0T. There is that 1-2 seconds hesitation when you floor the accelerator in order for the turbos to spool up, then it just kicks you in the *** as the power is delivered
In the 3.0 its just smooth delivery until it runs out of power.

The problem I have now is I love the v8 sound so much I find myself sticking it into Sports mode on almost every journey, and now I'm thinking, should I try the RS7. Then I remember, its got flared arches and wouldn't get into my garage. Bummer.

If you like the A7, you will LOVE the S7

Ive had mine 5 months, and I still can't stop grinning every time I drive it!
Old 02-11-2016, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Most Definitely!!

Owned the A7 and swapped it for an S7. Night and day difference in terms of handling and performance. If you're into tuning, you can get 560hp out of the S7 with just a $1400 APR ECU software upgrade.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would definitely go S7 . Considered trading my current ride(S7) on another, and, would say resale prices seem to be strong. Perhaps low production numbers contribute to this.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A7 to S7

K,

I purchased an A7 4 years ago and drove it for 2 years. Like your experience I loved the car but wished it had more power, acceleration ans tourque.

That said, I purchased an S7 and have been driving it for the last 2 years. Absoutely love the upgrade. The S7 is so much fun to drive, especally below 60 mph when accelerating. And driving in sport mode....wow.

If resources permit and you truly appreciate the grace and perfoemance of a vehicle it is definitely worth the incremental expensence.

Good luck,

Steven
Old 02-14-2016, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default A7 to S7

K,

I purchased an A7 4 years ago and drove it for 2 years. Like your experience I loved the car but wished it had more power, acceleration ans tourque.

That said, I purchased an S7 and have been driving it for the last 2 years. Absolutely love the upgrade. The S7 is so much fun to drive, especially below 60 mph when accelerating. And driving in sport mode....wow.

If resources permit and you truly appreciate the grace and performance of a vehicle it is definitely worth the incremental expensence.

Good luck,

Steven
Old 02-14-2016, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default A7 to S7

K,

That said, I purchased an S7 and have been driving it for the last 2 years. Absolutely love the upgrade. The S7 is so much fun to drive, especially below 60 mph when accelerating. And driving in sport mode....wow.

If resources permit and you truly appreciate the grace and performance of a vehicle it is definitely worth the incremental expense.

Good luck,

Steven