S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Used S7 advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 05:15 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Used S7 advice

Hey guys,

I currently own a 2012 A7, with EPL single-pulley Stage 2 tune on it. Lots of miles, so I've been thinking of selling and getting a used S7 or S6. Been reading a lot of threads about turbo issues, so trying to get some sane advice. I'd hate to buy one, even with extended warrantty, and end up with a huge bill to fix potentially in the future.

Anyone made the jump into a higher-mileage S model?

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Old 06-27-2019, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a used 2016 S7, 56k on it. Love this car! Taking in for 55k service next week, so fingers crossed. If you are audiophile find one with B&O system, can’t believe how great it sounds with high fidelity files but short of those base is best I’ve heard from a factory system.

Can’t comment on mechanics other than everything on the car works as designed and still feels tight, no rattles other than trunk pass through door. Occasional squeaking on front brakes, but my BMW squeaked way more. I’m at 5.5k altitude and engine performance is great. Spending most of my time detailing as prior owners must have had dogs so lots of leather wear and paint scratches.

I did buy extended warranty and turbo covered albeit policy may not allow both to be replaced if one goes.

One suggestion. Being in CO all my cars have clear masks, but this was first used I’ve bought since college. Make sure to restore headlight before having mask installed. I forgot and when lights are on, it really highlights all the crap on them, stuck between plastic and mask.

Let me know if any questions or things you want checked.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

One other area to watch on electronics.

Map updates seem unlikely without huge dealer expense. For google map imaging to work, I had to turn on Audi Connect plan with AT&T. Saw a note somewhere that this feature, which is very cool, wont work after 2020 for my model year. Additionally, google maps will show newer roads in the satellite image but if you try to navigate to that point, and your maps are out of date, you’ll get an error message that road is not digitized...

I’m more into the electronics so ping with questions.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
Hey guys,

I currently own a 2012 A7, with EPL single-pulley Stage 2 tune on it. Lots of miles, so I've been thinking of selling and getting a used S7 or S6. Been reading a lot of threads about turbo issues, so trying to get some sane advice. I'd hate to buy one, even with extended warrantty, and end up with a huge bill to fix potentially in the future.

Anyone made the jump into a higher-mileage S model?

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Well, you could buy my S7, lol, I will be selling soon, it has brand new engine with 1200 miles on the new engine and 73,000 on the rest of it. I am looking for a car with more interior room as I am a bigger guy.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

There is hopefully a good fix in the JHM bypass kit that will eliminate blown turbos.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:11 PM
RAF_S7

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

On the map front, I can recommend getting Audi Smartphone enabled, and using Waze (or Google maps) going forward.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, good idea. Do you have a link?

I noticed your signature shows "Self Parking". Was that an option on the 2016 S7 in EU as don't see it in the US brochure?
Old 07-15-2019, 05:40 AM
RAF_S7

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TBoneCO
Yeah, good idea. Do you have a link?

I noticed your signature shows "Self Parking". Was that an option on the 2016 S7 in EU as don't see it in the US brochure?
Its semi-autonomous parking (i.e. not Tesla type parking!) Driver maintains control of accelerator, car does all the braking and steering itself to get into a parking bay.

Have a look at this thread here re activation of Audi Smartphone interface - its only for the face-lift models. Best $150 Ive spent!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

BTW, per your other threads, I installed K&N filter yesterday. Let the mod cycle begin!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Dumb question, but how do you tell if you have a face-lift model?

Quick Reply: Used S7 advice