Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...

Old 05-20-2019, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Terry the Storyteller,

First, congratulations to you for getting your beautiful car after months of waiting.
Second, thank you for going out of your way to provide such a thorough review.
Third, major kudos for all the photos. That takes an incredible amount of time but is much appreciated.

Where to start?
Well, why not with the rear headrests which are a major improvement for visibility.
My ;Euro headrests are patiently waiting in the guest room for arrival of the RS 3.
I appreciate your pointing those out to me as they are the OEM real deal.

I'm loving your choice of Tango Red Metallic.
It is a beautiful color, Terry, and man does it get one's attention!
Just look at that overhead photo of your car on the Audi showroom floor.
The other cars just disappear from view.
Hmmm, the men in blue might notice too.

Surprising how LOW the car looks.
That just means an easy reach for cleaning the roof.
Oh, speaking of the roof the black sunroof is a perfect match for the Tango Red.

Gotta love the "Bitching Ride Dawg" note your dealer left in the car.
Maybe some dealer personnel have a sense of humor after all.

You are certainly looking happy in your Army Cav t-shirt.
Seeing the date 1965-1966 made me think of the incredible improvements in cars made today.
Your RS 3 will just run away from any of those old muscle cars.

That Virtual Cockpit really is a marvel.
And, having the NAV info located there is so nice.

Hey, thanks for those Blind Spot warning photos.
And thanks to Audi for the way they have implemented that feature.

Seeing the car in your garage is almost a shock.
It looks so small compared to the monster Hellcat that used to be there.
Hey, less paint to detail, I'm all in.

Nice, practical gifts from Audi Nashville.
Methinks most of us will be lucky to get a bottle of wine or something similar.

Oh, I was very pleased to hear you describe the engine/exhaust sound in the cockpit with windows up.
Based on what some people have said I was worried that we wouldn't hear much.
But, when you punched it the sound came through nicely over the phone.

Well, it would seem the long wait to get the car was definitely worth it.

Thanks again for the terrific photos, Terry.
You could have been a photographer for Car & Driver magazine.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 05-20-2019, 03:24 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BusStopF1
Glad to hear it’s exceeding expectations!
Will be curious to hear any other thoughts as you rack up the miles.
In the meantime, I’ll be jealous of your watch and key rings!
Those are very nice gifts.
BusStopF1,

I can say for sure I did make the right decision on ordering the RS3.
Cathy is not all that much into the car thing.
But when she saw the RS3 in person on the Showroom floor she loved it and said so.

See New post below this and you will be up to date again.

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR
Terry the Storyteller,

First, congratulations to you for getting your beautiful car after months of waiting.
Second, thank you for going out of your way to provide such a thorough review.
Third, major kudos for all the photos. That takes an incredible amount of time but is much appreciated.

Where to start?
Well, why not with the rear headrests which are a major improvement for visibility.
My ;Euro headrests are patiently waiting in the guest room for arrival of the RS 3.
I appreciate your pointing those out to me as they are the OEM real deal.

I'm loving your choice of Tango Red Metallic.
It is a beautiful color, Terry, and man does it get one's attention!
Just look at that overhead photo of your car on the Audi showroom floor.
The other cars just disappear from view.
Hmmm, the men in blue might notice too.

Surprising how LOW the car looks.
That just means an easy reach for cleaning the roof.
Oh, speaking of the roof the black sunroof is a perfect match for the Tango Red.

Gotta love the "Bitching Ride Dawg" note your dealer left in the car.
Maybe some dealer personnel have a sense of humor after all.

You are certainly looking happy in your Army Cav t-shirt.
Seeing the date 1965-1966 made me think of the incredible improvements in cars made today.
Your RS 3 will just run away from any of those old muscle cars.

That Virtual Cockpit really is a marvel.
And, having the NAV info located there is so nice.

Hey, thanks for those Blind Spot warning photos.
And thanks to Audi for the way they have implemented that feature.

Seeing the car in your garage is almost a shock.
It looks so small compared to the monster Hellcat that used to be there.
Hey, less paint to detail, I'm all in.

Nice, practical gifts from Audi Nashville.
Methinks most of us will be lucky to get a bottle of wine or something similar.

Oh, I was very pleased to hear you describe the engine/exhaust sound in the cockpit with windows up.
Based on what some people have said I was worried that we wouldn't hear much.
But, when you punched it the sound came through nicely over the phone.

Well, it would seem the long wait to get the car was definitely worth it.

Thanks again for the terrific photos, Terry.
You could have been a photographer for Car & Driver magazine.

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom,

I am so glad that I covered some things that you were actually interested in buddy.

The RS3 is KILLER buddy and it's going to be so much FUN to see what you have to say when your's arrives in the weeks coming.

Terry
Old 05-20-2019, 04:26 PM

Default My RS3 is right now at, AREA FORTY 4, Detail-Shop Vinny owns ...

Guys,

Okay the RS3 has already been taken to Vinny to have several things done.

Click on link below,
https://www.areaforty4.com/

Protection options:

(1)

Paint protection film

The Front Clip:
Covering the entire front end, a front clip eliminates most visible seams.
All edges are wrapped.
This covers the main areas prone to rock chips, but does not protect the debris kicked up from your tires.
(Also the Lower Rocker Panels and the rectangle area right above the windshield)
Starting at: $2,000.00

The only film we install is Suntek PPF Ultra.
It is in our opinion the clearest film on the market.
It also has the least amount of texture, is incredibly hydrophobic, and has some of the quickest self-healing properties we have ever seen.
It comes with a 10-year warranty.
It is highly recommended that we start with a full correction of the vehicle and ceramic coat over the film, even though the film will cover these defects.
Nothing looks better than pristine film over a pristine finish.

(2)

Ceramic Coating:

CQuartz FINEST Reserve:

Starting at: $2,600.00

Quartz FINEST Reserve is what we refer to as our 98% package.
Meaning, we go the extra mile to remove any and all defects completely.
Simply put, this is the most extensive package available.
Not only are we correcting your paint to as close to perfection as possible, we are also sanding any nibs out, feathering out any seriously deep damage.
When your vehicle is done with this service it could win any Concours event.
Once we have finished correcting your paint to perfection, we then correct all glass/trim/door jambs/rims.
Nothing is left behind when we apply Reserve to your vehicle.
We coat your windows, trim, exhaust, wheels, barrels, suspension, calipers, wheel liners, and obviously your paint.
We then bake every inch of your vehicle to ensure a proper bond.
12 hours after we have baked everything, we apply reload to eliminate any possible static charge.
Not only is this coating slightly better than our baseline coating, the amount of protection and correction is leagues above anything else on the market.
If you have an exotic or restoration, this is right up your alley.
Not recommended for daily drivers.

My 2019 RS3 in "Tango-Red-Metallic" I took this afternoon to Vinny.
I discussed with him what I was thinking and what I wanted and then Vinny explained in Great-Detail exactly what he was going to do in person with Josh his assistant.
This is the exact same Company/Shop I had my Challenger Hellcat at and it turned out totally AWESOME guys.
In this case since Vinny and I have History with one another he is allowing me to be in the shop and personally observe everything that takes place with it.
And of course I can take all the pictures to share with any of you that might be interested in this sort of thing.

Pictures from today below and I know some of the numbers are incorrect.
However the pictures are in the correct order.

Just to mention a few things this shop has lots of Security cameras covering all of it.
And you cannot go up to the windows and place your hands on the front glass and see inside.
When your car you prize so dearly is in Vinny's shop no one can see it and no one will ever know it was there unless you tell them.
And for the Moron's in the world, yes they are, Carrying, so don't even think about breaking in it would not be a very smart move/decision.

Left to Right
Josh & Vinny

Applying 1st coat of the DLUX CARPRO you saw in the bottle.

Vinny will pick me up on his way in to the shop in the morning.
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-21-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sure wish we had good shops like that around here, it's pretty much "do it yourself" here or roll the dice but we do have a great paint shop so we just respray the front of the car when needed instead
Old 05-21-2019, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, Terry,

You didn't waste any time getting that beautiful paint (and everything else) protected.

This will be fun to see what the real pros do.

I'll be following every word and step as I am not sure yet what I am going to have done to my car.

Maybe some of the RS3 owners (doesn't matter what year) can chime in about whether they end up
having rock chip problems and what they do to protect/clean that massive front grill.

Have fun hanging out in the shop you lucky dog.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 05-21-2019, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome, great update Terry. Love how it looks to be similar in size/proportions to my old B5 S4, can't wait, my boat just docked in Houston so should be on the way to dealer!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
Sure wish we had good shops like that around here, it's pretty much "do it yourself" here or roll the dice :
( but we do have a great paint shop so we just respray the front of the car when needed instead
Sinister#4,

Well in my case/situation I think I really just lucked-out when I had the Challenger Hellcat and went on-line to see if there was actually any (CARPRO Certified) dealers anywhere near me.
And just really by luck I saw Vinny's Shop and reached out to him and then drove over and met him in person.
He is like maybe 5-6 miles from where I'm sitting right now at home.
I should also mention he is listed on the Manufacturer's CARPRO internet site as a Certified Dealer/Installer for their Top-of-the-Line product, Finest Reserve.

So, when I ordered the 2019 Audi RS3 I once again reached-out to Vinny to let him know the Challenger Hellcat had been traded and already picked-up by Audi Nashville.
He said as soon as you get it just text me and then we can get you to drive it over so we can in person discuss in detail what you want done ???
The next Authorized, Certified CARPRO dealer to me is in Chattanooga, TN. which is 3 hours away 1-way !!!
Definitely NOT convenient that's for sure.
I would have to get Cathy (Wife) to follow me to that shop and then us drive back home for another 3 hours or so according to traffic.
That's a 6-hours or more round trip just to get it to that shop to drop it off and then do that again to pick it back up.

I'm mentioning all this to say it's not always easy to find a CARPRO Certified Dealer/Shop that's anywhere near where one lives.

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR
Wow, Terry,

You didn't waste any time getting that beautiful paint (and everything else) protected.

This will be fun to see what the real pros do.

I'll be following every word and step as I am not sure yet what I am going to have done to my car.

Maybe some of the RS3 owners (doesn't matter what year) can chime in about whether they end up
having rock chip problems and what they do to protect/clean that massive front grill.

Have fun hanging out in the shop you lucky dog.

Cheers,
Tom
Hey Tom,

Well you know that I luv taking and posting pictures.
So I'll be doing that as things take place.
What's interesting really is that Cathy (Wife) is actually who said to me as soon as we got to Audi Nashville and we checked out the RS3 totally close-up.
Terry, don't drive it around get in touch with Vinny and see how quick he can do it.
And get him to do what you showed me on his internet site with the PPG Film & CARPRO Finest Reserve.
This car is way to expensive to take a chance on it getting damaged from debris getting thrown up against the front end.
Mr. Cochran you know buddy sometimes a guy does just Luck-Out and end up Married to a Spouse that looks out for you and I'm one of those Lucky guy's.

Well as things progress with mine it might give you some ideas for your Nardo Gray with Black Optics.

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Awesome, great update Terry.
Love how it looks to be similar in size/proportions to my old B5 S4,
can't wait, my boat just docked in Houston so should be on the way to dealer!
Juggernaut,

1st things 1st buddy, Congratulations as it's now going to be quick for you taking delivery that's for sure.

Speaking of it's size ............
I watched every video one could possibly watch on the RS3.
And what I saw over and over were the reviewers saying the RS3 in today's world was actually the size of a Sub-Compact.
The RS3 to them reminded them of the Audi S-4 back in the 80's as I recall (Before) as the years have rolled by and all the then small compact cars kept getting Bigger & Bigger.
Example, Honda Civic then versus the Honda Civic now that's really the size of a Honda Accord back then.
The above was an excellent example that they gave ^^^ as I had those Honda Civic's as well as the Honda Accords so easy for me to relate.
I was actually talking with Tom Cochran on the phone and said to him multiple times I hope Tom those reviewer's are telling it like it really is on the size of the New RS3's.
Well, they were telling it exactly as it really is and that was one of the reasons I wanted the RS3 was it's size and it being a Sedan with a Trunk and a Bonus of being QUATTRO.

It's a great fit for a smaller built guy like myself that is tall at like 6' and weighs like 180 Lbs.
I will say though I don't know for sure but my opinion is if a guy was like maybe 6'4" and weighed in around 240 to maybe 300 Lbs.
I don't think those guys would like the RS3 as they to me would just be to large a body to feel comfortable in it.

Personally I LOVE it's smaller size as I said and I fit in it PERFECT.

Terry
Old 05-22-2019, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the updates Tiger, great information. My son's should be delivered in about two weeks, we follow you closely.

not sure i've heard that much about that hesitation you reference, please continue to expand on that, as well as the cornering capabilities, etc.

great posts as always, keep up the great work.

BTW, i have an APR modified 2018 Golf R and i LOVE it, just got the summer wheels installed (finally, custom order took 12 weeks)...you have to get your wife to think about that tune, really wakes it up..while i'm on the topic, my son is also planning to do the stage 1 APR tune on the RS3.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Having looked into it, I think the RS3 would be a beast with a good tune and a few mods for sure, however warranty is more important till it expires for sure.....lol
Old 05-23-2019, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by ohiotrojan
Thanks for the updates Tiger, great information. My son's should be delivered in about two weeks, we follow you closely.

not sure i've heard that much about that hesitation you reference, please continue to expand on that, as well as the cornering capabilities, etc.

great posts as always, keep up the great work.

BTW, i have an APR modified 2018 Golf R and i LOVE it, just got the summer wheels installed (finally, custom order took 12 weeks)...you have to get your wife to think about that tune, really wakes it up..while i'm on the topic, my son is also planning to do the stage 1 APR tune on the RS3.
See the below video and what this guy describes is what I'm referring to in my post as well.
It's not easy to actually put into text to be honest.
You know I think maybe this is the way to say what I think on the somewhat hesitation I experienced in my brief time in my RS3.
If you drive it (Slowly) and in (Traffic) it doesn't just instantly respond to part throttle inputs.
It kinda (Pauses/Hesitates/Stumbles) and then as the REVS increase it takes off.
The above is NOT some Lingering sort of thing it all takes place in a very-very brief time.
Next thought,
I think if you do-not want to deal with what I described as well as what your going to see in the below video.
Keep the RS3 in Dynamic & Sport modes and just go ahead and take-off with more throttle if (Possible) and many times that's not possible.
Let me add this, if your in the S-4 instead of the RS3 I think it reacts better in Slowww driving situations.

The ONLY-Way you'll ever know what I'm or the guy in the video is referring to is to actually drive the RS3 in the same driving conditions and it will be very apparent what we are talking about.

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
Having looked into it, I think the RS3 would be a beast with a good tune and a few mods for sure, however warranty is more important till it expires for sure.....lol
Hey my Audi World internet buddy let me just add a comment or so to doing Mods.
I have been down that very-very slippery road many-many-many times and this time around this RS3 is staying exactly as it was delivered to me, STOCK 100%.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-23-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...