A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlocking Nav with VAG-COM

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unlocking Nav with VAG-COM

What's the procedure for unlocking the unit so I can update my navigation CD?
Old 02-24-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the nav unit is locked. All you need to do is replace the old nav cd with the new one (you may need to have the engine turned on for the cd to release). On my '08 Q7, the nav unit is next to the spare tire.

I hope this helps...
Old 02-24-2016, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1z8U1A&cad=rja
Old 02-24-2016, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine was locked. I didn't have a Vag-COm to unlock mine. I went to the dealer and paid 30min labour to have it unlocked so I could install a new map disc
Old 02-24-2016, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine is definitely locked up tight. I appreciate the TSB on my model year, but where do I find the unlock feature in VAG-COM?
EDIT: I just tried again and in Navigation, I can't get into "Security Access" without some sort of code. It'll allow one try per turn of the ignition key with a pause in between. For the guru's out there, where do I find that 'code'?? I really do not want to spend an hour's shop $$ time to unlock something I can do in my garage with VAG-COM VCDS pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Greybeast; 02-24-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Locking the DVD player is quite common and was used to prevent theft of the actual nav DVD when the car was shipped from the factory. Most dealers unlocked these upon receipt however for those who didn't they can be done via VCDS through a change to the adaptation channel:

Channel 068: Ejection Lock
0 = Eject Button active
1 = Eject Button inactive (Anti-Theft)
Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default popup in VAG-COM/VCDS should show the security code needed

Originally Posted by Greybeast
I just tried again and in Navigation, I can't get into "Security Access" without some sort of code. For the guru's out there, where do I find that 'code'??
If you hover the pointer over the field where you would type in the code it should appear in a pop up balloon, 13861 comes to mind....

Old 02-24-2016, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was successful in unlocking the NAV with VCDS. Once in Adaptation, I entered 068, then 'read', then entered '0' instead of '1' and it worked! Thank you for all the help from all that replied. Much greatly appreciated.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Need Some help

I was successful in unlocking the NAV with VCDS. Once in Adaptation, I entered 068, then 'read', then entered '0' instead of '1' and it worked! Thank you for all the help from all that replied. Much greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I have a q7 and The software is locked for Canada, US and Mexico. I want That My carsystem works like My gps and So on in Thailand....
can you help me with This issue?
Seem you got iT unlocked? Take care!
Old 10-13-2017, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Mine is definitely locked up tight. I appreciate the TSB on my model year, but where do I find the unlock feature in VAG-COM?
EDIT: I just tried again and in Navigation, I can't get into "Security Access" without some sort of code. It'll allow one try per turn of the ignition key with a pause in between. For the guru's out there, where do I find that 'code'?? I really do not want to spend an hour's shop $$ time to unlock something I can do in my garage with VAG-COM VCDS pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
I went dealer, and they offered 1300Euro to unlock

Quick Reply: Unlocking Nav with VAG-COM