Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Best interior color for Glacier White metallic?

Old 05-22-2016, 12:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best interior color for Glacier White metallic?

I went to my local dealer today, and it only has one Q7 car with gray/gray combo color.

I plan to get the Glacier White metallic for exterior, but not sure what interior color to go with :-(

Initially, I thought Nougat Brown would go best with Glacier White metallic but the sales person said NO, it's ugly (?!). He recommended to go with Blank interior on White exterior.

Without see it in person, it's pretty hard for me to decide the color when I place the order.

What your thought on Glacier White metallic?
What interior color would be best for it? Would Black interior + black headliner color be best for Glacier White metallic or it would totally weird.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2016, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Every time I see Glacier white, my first reaction is to question whether the car is Glacier white or Suzuka grey (which is quite rare). Meaning to me it is a colder (towards the blue spectrum) white, if not a very light grey.

So I can understand the sales person's comment, although I think ugly may be way too extreme

Perhaps not the optimum combination of white and brown tones would have been a more reasonable statement?

If I wanted Glacier white (as you do), I would get a black interior. If I wanted a Nougat brown interior, I would get a warmer white exterior. Such as Carrara or Tofana. But these are personal preferences, and there is no right or wrong.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Glacier White with Nougat is easily the most popular combination and we can never keep it in stock. It may not be the best in terms of numbers only because less cars are built with the Nougat interior, but I would still call it the most popular.

I personally love Glacier White with Gray, but I hate that they made the steering wheel gray on the Q7 and that would probably be a deal breaker for me. It's just too much gray IMO.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got black with glacier white, and I love it

It looks extremely rich. I ordered the oak gray wood trim, but my dealer ordered the brown wood trim by mistake.

I was initially unhappy with that, but the satin brown trim looks beautiful with the black interior.

The interior wood/leather combination is every bit as luxurious as an A8.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my white cars with black contrast. Black optic, black wheels, black rear lights, black interior!
Old 05-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The salesman told me Nougat is not popular with White .. perhaps it's a bit of his personal bias against the Nougat.

It would be great if you guys can post photos of your white car.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2016, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered Glacier white with Pistachio Beige and Layered walnut Inlay. White and Beige looked fabulous on a car I looked at the dealer. I assumed layered walnut will go better with it. Mine will arrive in two weeks.

I was tired of Black interior, which doesn't show any 'details' in terms the excellent interior. I think it really boils down to personal preferences.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by pgtop
The salesman told me Nougat is not popular with White .. perhaps it's a bit of his personal bias against the Nougat.

It would be great if you guys can post photos of your white car.

Thanks!
It sounds like they just want to sell you something in stock.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I went with Pistachio Beige with Glacier White and Layered Walnut, and I couldn't be any happier. My salesman told me it was the only combination in town so far, it might have been a line, but I'll take it.

Let me know if you'd like pics.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by otteporihs
I went with Pistachio Beige with Glacier White and Layered Walnut, and I couldn't be any happier. My salesman told me it was the only combination in town so far, it might have been a line, but I'll take it.

Let me know if you'd like pics.
Yes please! More pictures.. more fun!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best interior color for Glacier White metallic?