Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 4M Hidden Gems List

Old 07-26-2016, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Q7 4M Hidden Gems List

The C7 A6 forum has the same list, which is an opportunity for owners to share not so obvious features of their cars. The new Q7 is quite complex, and even after reading the owner's manual I still stumble across a new feature from time to time.

A few of my favourites:

1) Dual sun visors. There is a secondary visor under the main visor, which is useful when the primary visor is deployed for use on the side window. Also, the main visor can slide to extend its range when used on the side window.

2) Fan circulates the air after the car is turned off. Press the driver's climate control "auto" button after the car is turned off. The fan continues to run for 15 (?) minutes, dependent upon battery strength. This is useful to keep the car cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Handy for a quick stop.

3) Shortcut to access the service position for the wipers. This can be accessed through the service menu as well. It positions the wipers mid-stroke and is used for replacing or cleaning the wipers. It is also useful in icy conditions so the wipers can be lifted off the windshield so the wipers don't freeze to the windshield. After the car is turned off, hold down the wiper switch in the 1x position.

Any other "hidden" features?
Cheers.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thnx for sharing.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

- the manually retractable sunshades on the rear hatch window; who needs the clunky privacy trunk "blinds" accesory when you already have this built-into the rear hatch? Together with the tinted rear glass, can't see what's in the trunk when the trunk sunshades are deployed. Also helps keep the cabin cooler a bit. Not sure if this is standard or included only with a certain option package, but had no idea our Q7 had it until just yesterday, over a month after taking delivery lol
Old 07-27-2016, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
- the manually retractable sunshades on the rear hatch window; who needs the clunky privacy trunk "blinds" accesory when you already have this built-into the rear hatch? Together with the tinted rear glass, can't see what's in the trunk when the trunk sunshades are deployed. Also helps keep the cabin cooler a bit. Not sure if this is standard or included only with a certain option package, but had no idea our Q7 had it until just yesterday, over a month after taking delivery lol
Interesting, can you provide a picture of what they look like deployed? I might want to drop the trunk privacy accessory when mine comes in next month.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
They are standard with the prestige models and part of the Warm Weather package.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Lookout57
Interesting, can you provide a picture of what they look like deployed? I might want to drop the trunk privacy accessory when mine comes in next month.
Here you go... bad sun glare from my iPhone shot, but you get the idea...

Old 07-27-2016, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Don't bother looking for the battery under the hood or in the trunk. It's under the passenger seat footwell. There are connection points (for jump starting, etc) under the hood near the firewall on the passenger side.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I was told that the glove box is air-conditioned
Old 07-27-2016, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Dasaint
I was told that the glove box is air-conditioned
It kinda is... when you have the AC on. There's a little "window" in the glove box that you can open/close to let cool air from the HVAC. But I'm assuming that during winter time when the HVAC puts out heat, it will become more of a warmer?
Old 07-27-2016, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NABS4
3) Shortcut to access the service position for the wipers. This can be accessed through the service menu as well. It positions the wipers mid-stroke and is used for replacing or cleaning the wipers. It is also useful in icy conditions so the wipers can be lifted off the windshield so the wipers don't freeze to the windshield. After the car is turned off, hold down the wiper switch in the 1x position.

Any other "hidden" features?
Cheers.
Love this one! Kept going through the service menu when washing the car. Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q7 4M Hidden Gems List